Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Ebola - Am I being Stupid? Or.......

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12390
    ^ wisdom for you ICBM.

And of course the most obvious answer to all this is to shoot the possibly infected on arrival.

;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Shoot them before they leave and then we the UK tax payer won't pick up the bill for the bullets
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72514
    boogieman said:

And of course the most obvious answer to all this is to shoot the possibly infected on arrival.

No, gas them. You don't want them leaking.

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

And right on cue, we have Plod wasting yet more valuable resources by investigating some non-entity who Tweeted comments about the situation:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11319054/Katie-Hopkins-investigated-by-police-over-little-sweaty-jocks-Ebola-outburst-on-Twitter.html

The waste of those police resources is far more criminal than the perceived outrage or offence caused, in my view.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    edited December 2014
    Airborne Ebola? I remember similar discussions in the late 80s about HIV - Armageddon once it goes airborne. Never happened of course. The most pathogenic viruses tend to be the most fragile
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    I reckon I'm safe. My blood must be 75% Jim beam and alcohol kills germs. I'll either survive or be too pissed to care about the squits
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191

And right on cue, we have Plod wasting yet more valuable resources by investigating some non-entity who Tweeted comments about the situation:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11319054/Katie-Hopkins-investigated-by-police-over-little-sweaty-jocks-Ebola-outburst-on-Twitter.html

The waste of those police resources is far more criminal than the perceived outrage or offence caused, in my view.

Actually, I think if they managed to jail that scumbag Katie whateverhernameis for whatever trumped up charges they could string together, it would be an excellent use of police time and resources.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7823
    the chem trails will get us first
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • seany65seany65 Frets: 264
    underdog said:
    Isn't the chances of it becoming airborne absolutely minute, I forget the reasons why but have read it, seen it on TV and it was posted here by some clever ones too.
    Hmmm, not 'minute' considering those infected suffer from projectile vomiting and explosive diarrhea.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    edited January 2015
    seany65 said:
    underdog said:
    Isn't the chances of it becoming airborne absolutely minute, I forget the reasons why but have read it, seen it on TV and it was posted here by some clever ones too.
    Hmmm, not 'minute' considering those infected suffer from projectile vomiting and explosive diarrhea.
    Thats not the same thing as the virus itself actually evolving.
  • The yanks quarantine all their health workers (sort of) for 3 weeks when they come back
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11953
    It's not looking good for this poor woman. 

I can't imagine ever volunteering to go to Africa to treat Ebola. I'm not sure if UK-based health workers feel confident that the medical care they can get once home will significantly reduce the risk, but I would not feel shielded from the risks
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11953
    glad to see her status has improved:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-30783537

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    Yep, just spotted that - let's hope for a full recovery.

• vizviz Frets: 10710
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.