Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Actually looking forward to Jools' Hootenany

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    Jez6345789 said:

Ellie Golding singing blame it on the boogie.
    And sounding disturbingly like Michael Jackson...!

Paolo Nutini was good too. Nice reworking of Pencil Full Of Lead that sounded a bit like Marc Bolan jamming with the Banana Splits :).

Went to bed after that but I'll probably catch up on the rest.

I do get the general impression that faking the New Year doesn't really work well for most of them though. It all seemed a bit forced.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10771
    edited January 2015
    axisus said:
    Stuff Jools, I've had Queen with Lambert on and it's been fantastic, a great way to see the new year in!

Lambert is awesome!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • viz said:
    axisus said:
    Stuff Jools, I've had Queen with Lambert on and it's been fantastic, a great way to see the new year in!

Lambert is awesome!
    He might be able to sing but his look is terrible. Waxed eyebrows, terrible hair. Better suited to a Wham Tribute 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31138
    axisus said:

Ali bought me tickets for this in Brum

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ah I missed the Queen thing.  Maybe it'll pop up on youtube as I'd really like to see it.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27955
    Just watching it now.

Jools' R&B Orchestra always impress me.  Those are proper professionals.  
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24865
    TTony;462622" said:
    Jools' R&B Orchestra always impress me.  Those are proper professionals.  
    In spite of my negativity towards the show, I have the utmost respect for Jools Holland as a musician.

I've seen him play with a wide enough range of players to know he can play pretty much anything. The joy he gets from music is obvious.
    richardhomer said:

In spite of my negativity towards the show, I have the utmost respect for Jools Holland as a musician.

I've seen him play with a wide enough range of players to know he can play pretty much anything. The joy he gets from music is obvious.
    Agreed.

I actually find his band *too* good to the point of being a bit dull though. And the guitar player has a truly horrible tone.

Shame I've never seen the bassist use the Gibson EB-2 I sold him either...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Can't watch it anymore knowing it's pre recorded, especially them counting down and parading around, it's just plain insulting.
    Old Is Gold
  • Oooh Ruby Turner's on it, makes a refreshing change.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Can't watch it anymore knowing it's pre recorded, especially them counting down and parading around, it's just plain insulting.
    Lots of Christmas and New Year stuff on TV and radio is pre-recorded these days, I can't say it bothers me. I enjoyed the show this year, highlights for me were Ed Sheeran (I'm starting to become a bit of a fan of his, dude can sing and play for sure) and Jos Stone blowing Paloma Faith (who looked fucking wasted!) out of the water vocally.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• hobbio;463160" said:
    Antique_Guitars said:

Can't watch it anymore knowing it's pre recorded, especially them counting down and parading around, it's just plain insulting.

Lots of Christmas and New Year stuff on TV and radio is pre-recorded these days, I can't say it bothers me. I enjoyed the show this year, highlights for me were Ed Sheeran (I'm starting to become a bit of a fan of his, dude can sing and play for sure) and Jos Stone blowing Paloma Faith (who looked fucking wasted!) out of the water vocally.
    This is why I do not have a TV or radio as it's all shite.
    Old Is Gold
    I skipped that bit and went to watch the real thing over on BBC1 - I find it massively annoying too.

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    It's not all shite, I mean the majority of it is but there's some decent stuff on from time to time. I don't usually watch anything other than documentaries and Pawn Stars anyway. I'm addicted to fucking Pawn Stars, it is probably classed as shite but I caught one of the first series and got hooked.

I spend most of my time playing guitars or chatting on t'internet about guitars.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread