Rockett archer

What's Hot
markjmarkj Frets: 914
Just ordered a Rocket Archer pedal for my birthday from Guitarguitar for Saturday delivery. To keep me going until I get it, any forum members got one. If so what amp are you using It with.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    I'm torn between this and an SHO again.

I think the SHO gives me exactly what I want, but, well, GAS!!!!

I'd love to hear more reports too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I just bought the Guthrie trapp and it is a monster , very transparent sound ecactly like the sound on the videos and a massive amount of drive .. I have the holdsworth pedal too . And love it as a soft drive . The archer is definatly next for me. Would like to hear some opinions if u have got it yet ?
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    I returned it for a refund earlier this week. To fiddly to set up to get a good sound, apart from a clean boost. Ordered a rockbox boiling point instead.
  • BradBrad Frets: 662
    Yep I'd be interested to hear your thoughts too. Like rocktrout I recently got a Guthrie Trapp overdrive and I think I'm going to get on with it very well. So this Archer has got my attention indeed!
    The archer is good as a clean boost but not good as a overdrive, to hard sounding to me. I spent quite a bit of time with different guitars and settings on the pedal to get a good overdrive sound, but I couldnt. As a clean boost it was only ok. The xotic ep booster is better.
  • i tried the archer when i was in the usa 2 weeks ago..i didnt like it at all i was very dissapointed.. i bought a voodoo labs sparkel drive with the mod it is amazing .. the position 1 and 2 are unbelevable 3 and 4 are terrible but it is a monster drive .. i got to try a load of pedals from jhs the new bogner pedals prob around 20 different pedals from all the new companys and the sparkle drive was best.. it is not a heavy metal pedal but there is loads of drive and i definatly recommend trying it out it...s 140usd .also rockett have a new pedal i heard on there booth at namm . its called THE DUDE , it comes in a small size enclosure compared to the other pedals and it was amazing and ill be getting one when it comes out .. hope this info helps 
  • Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    I have an Archer, it's ace.. but you have to use it a certain way.. it's ace at pushing a cranked amp, i used it with my old Plexi and Dr.Z, it added a nice sparkle to the top end and more gain for easy soloing. Since selling those amps i use it to push an overdrive pedal, but it gets the same results
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TheCountTheCount Frets: 274
    edited February 2015
    I must admit I don't get the whole Klon thing. I don't like the drive tones - but that's just my opinion, and there's loads of other pedals that'll give you a nice bit of sparkle.

I think it's just a case of hype and high prices making people think it's better than it is. When you've spent your hard earned on a Gold Horsie, you ain't gonna tell everyone it's shit or you won't get your money back

It's good to see Rockett and EHX making clones, they're easy to get your hands on for reasonable money so people can find out what the fuss is about.

Each to their own and all that...

• BradBrad Frets: 662
    I've never played one, but that's where I believe the Klon (and its klones) work best and what they are designed for - pushing an already cranked signal. I've heard and read a lot of folks complaining it sounds pretty bad as an overdrive in its own right into a clean amp, but it seems that's not the point of the pedal (I could be wrong of course...).  

As you say, I think the hype and and mystique make people think it's going to give them that special something, but miss the point of its application and use it in the wrong way to get the best out of it.

I have the Rockett Blue Note and Guthrie Trapp which are fantastic, so I've no doubt the Archer is a great pedal too.
    I think I'll hang on a while, I'm tired of being tempted by the latest greatest Dumble in a box/Klon destroyer/Tubescreamer whatever... (delete as appropriate).  
    I think this klon thing is way overhyped.
    The worst thing is, the new KTR is just a yuck build. Board mounted power and jacks, stupid message on the front and tbh I'm not sure what way up the thing goes, are the jacks on the top, bottom,side, fuck knows. Might sound good to some but from a build perspective it's junk and not worth the 270 quid I paid for it.

At least the original ones were put together right.

I've only used the thing once, must ebay it, it's gathering dust

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    You'll have trouble selling it after that write up!
    edited February 2015
    Haha!!! Not a great sales pitch >:D<
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    markj said:
    I think this klon thing is way overhyped.
    Understatement of the century ;)

Though they are a really good OD, if that's the particular flavour of OD you're after.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    TheCount said:
    The worst thing is, the new KTR is just a yuck build. Board mounted power and jacks, stupid message on the front and tbh I'm not sure what way up the thing goes, are the jacks on the top, bottom,side, fuck knows. Might sound good to some but from a build perspective it's junk and not worth the 270 quid I paid for it.

Just sayin' (cheaper direct too): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331477284674?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

edited February 2015
    juansolo said:
    TheCount said:

Just sayin' (cheaper direct too): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331477284674?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

If  I wanted a Klone  I'd buy one of those - perfick  :)

I returned the rocket archer within a week.

• markj said:

I returned the rocket archer within a week.

Why bro?  
  • Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    I returned my first Archer, the drive pot wasn't working.. The replacement pedal is ace
    The pedal did nothing at all for me. Sounded good as a clean boost but not as a od pedal.