'Kin BT

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Lexie1Lexie1 Frets: 135
    We had a lot of noise on our line recently, then the internet connection kept dropping out and it became almost impossible to get on line at all.

Then, finally got an engineer out. He came in, examined everything, "No faults with equipment inside the hous, I'll just pop down to the exchange box and then in about an hour your problems will be over".

Yeah..... No Phone, no internet. Finally got another engineer out 10 days later who listened to the phone and said "There's a break in the overhead line". Cherry Picker duly arrived and they changed the line. Problem was at the Box on the Telegraph Pole out on the pavement outside our boundary. 

So that of course, explains why we have been hit with a bill for £129  
    X(  AND, they won't back down over this at all.

Happy Days.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27524
    Lexie1 said:

My understanding is that anything your side of the master socket is your responsibility.  You'll be charged if an engineer comes out and finds that the fault is your side.

Anything in the network to the point that the line enters your property (at the master socket) is their responsibility and at their cost to fix.

So, unless the telegraph pole was really in your hallway ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12369
    Sambostar said:

They ought to send around half naked women engineers in bikinis.  Is it not sexist that all BT, Openreach and subcontracted engineers are blokes.

I wouldn't care how slow my broadband was if they sent around half naked chicks in bikinis.

I don't understand feminists.  They sit at home and have a stream of the opposite sex of all ages, soaked in bad aftershave and BO come around and service their houses, yet STILL they moan

Ungrateful wenches.  Feminism has had it's day.  The truth is that they don't know how lucky they are. 

Do they know how much chance a bloke has of meeting the opposite sex by calling on an engineer or tradesman?

Zero.

In these politically correct days, the time for Openreach chicks in bikinis...climbing telegraph poles..,...'Oh I've got creosote on my thigh....can you help me wash it off'.

....'OK love'

I don't want to see another make engineer, ever.  Sexist bastard of a company.

There were a couple of lady engineers on my old patch in west London. You wouldn't want to see them even half-naked though.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12369
    TTony said:
    Lexie1 said:

My understanding is that anything your side of the master socket is your responsibility.  You'll be charged if an engineer comes out and finds that the fault is your side.

Anything in the network to the point that the line enters your property (at the master socket) is their responsibility and at their cost to fix.

I can't see how you should be charged either. Unless the damage to the dropwire is down to you it's not your problem.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTony;464836" said:
    Lexie1 said:

It used to be up to and including the master socket was their responsibility but that changed years back and now they only cover up to and including the back of the master socket.

After they changed to the removable faceplate they changed the rules.

The drop wire connects in the back of the master socket and they will take the fall up to that point. So if your faceplate socket is at fault them you are subject to a TRC, time related charge.

Some engineers will take great pleasure in charging you for this or rip you off completely by saying the faceplate has gone when there is nout wrong with it.

This is down to the fact that it's part of their job to issue a certain percentage of TRC's over every 3 month period. Also a percentage of all TRC's goes towards the teams end of year Christmas party, which is normally held at a local swanky hotel.

This is one of the reasons I left as I would get pulled in to the office for my 3 month figures and I would get a dressing down for not making my TRC quota. My argument was that I can't and wont charge customers for a fault that's not in their property but they don't give a shit.

Plenty of guys ripping off old people etc to make the figures up and keep the management happy and of course the big piss up at the end of the year

Sorry to run off topic but there's another insight into these theiving bastards
  • Lexie1Lexie1 Frets: 135
    Paid them and also asked for a free switch over as soon as they activate the new Fibre Optic Box that is on our verge outside our kitchen window. Amazingly, they agreed to this and I even have it in writing!! 

Here's hoping LOL.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom