theFB Awards 2014 - the results

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 27524
The votes are counted, the results are in ...

Cat1, best guitar under £500 @GavHaus

Cat2, best guitar - it's a tie between @axisus and @eschap

Cat 3, Best made/modded, @wezv edged it in a very close vote

Cat4, best amp belongs to @samzadgan

Cat5, best pedalboard goes to @nickb_boy

Cat6, the favourite RotM is another tie between @Horse and @SteamAbacus

Thanks to everyone who submitted an entry and everyone who voted - particularly to those who took the time to listen to all the RotM submissions.

The winners can now enjoy the admiration and recognition of their fellow theFB members for a whole year!

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    It was great fun, and very deserved winners. I know in the "best made/modded" category, it was always going to be tough up against that fan-fret masterpiece of @WezV but thanks to everyone who voted for my strat build, and it was just nice to be in there. If I was at an awards ceremony, I'd  be doing my rueful but good natured clapping at this point, in case the camera was on me. :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    All credit to Jonathan and Feline for my guitar, I'm merely the current owner!

Can't believe I forgot to vote in the end (I wouldn't have voted for myself!)

I also missed nominating my bass for modded guitar, oh well ......
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877

I bloody love @GavHaus 's tele.

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    @GavHaus
    Congratulations. My Strat is good for the money but nothing like the bargain that your Tele was. A well deserved win.

:)
  • Thanks. It was by no means perfect; the saddles were rusted solid so I replaced them, and it looks like it's had a new and not particularly great nut at some point so I've a new one going in.... But for £300 it was too good to pass. A few minor tweaks and it'll be wonderful. I may put a Callaham / Hipshot / Glendale bridge on at some point, but that's more because I love an upgrade! The lake placid blue paint work is stunning in person, and it has a nice neck on it too.
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3127
    Well deserved wins all  =D>
    Like @Megii (whose strat, by the way, is magnificent), I think we both knew we were doomed when @WezV 's fan fret beauty came onto the scene 

Great fun...and here's to next year's comp!   
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    edited January 2015

oh wow...thanks for the votes...i didnt expect this.

(unfolds big sheet of paper)

i prepared a few notes just incase i won, i would like to thank a few people who made this happen and who helped me along the way...without these people none of this would be possible...firstly let me thank god...for putting me on this earth, putting money in my pocket and helping make the decision to buy this amp...i always say...you pray and you pray and one day he talks back...and he did...i love you big guy...the next person is my mum...she helped so much...

(fretboard theme music starts to play...louder and louder)

no...dont cut me off...i have so many people to thank...

(cut to commercial break)

:-S
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16680
    Well deserved wins all  =D>
    Like @Megii (whose strat, by the way, is magnificent), I think we both knew we were doomed when @WezV 's fan fret beauty came onto the scene 

Great fun...and here's to next year's comp!   
    i think there were a few points where you both overtook me - a very close call.

but thanks to all who voted for me  :)
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    Cheers guys - happy new year to you all!
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    That was a bit of fun - appreciate the votes on Axisus's 20th Anniversary  ;)

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27524
    That was a bit of fun - appreciate the votes on Axisus's 20th Anniversary  ;)
    You can stick that on your website - you've now been voted (joint) best guitar of 2014 by the experts on the UK's leading guitar forum ...

:D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.