SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

LONG SHOT: Anyone selling a Bogner Atma

What's Hot
Have no idea why this head has never featured on my radar, looks amazing! anyone selling?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1836
    Not an Atma but my Mojado is up for sale..
  • Fancy switching to a compact head and cab really, thanks anyway.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    I believe I am the only person here who has one so afraid not, they are still too new and amazing to let go so soon!
  • Bugger, thought that might be the case, how are you finding it?

It's pretty much everything the demos shows and actually lives up to its advertising blurb.  I know that doesn't help the GAS but it really is that good.

Clean channel can do fender like cleans (there is a bright/dark switch), 80's mode in modern setting has plenty of gain for heavy stuff.  70's moden in Vintage can do Plexi like tones. The FX loop is actually very good in this as well or if you choose to put all your pedals in front, no problems there too. 

There are other little things too that I love, the front of the amp lights up for only the knobs that is in the circuit.  So when you are using the clean channel, only the knobs that works in the clean channel will work.  Which I can imagine is quite useful if you play in a dark stage.  There are 4, 8 and 16ohm speaker output so you have plenty of choices for speakers.  There is also a Line out too but I have not tried that, I don't think that is loaded though so you still need to plug in a speaker.  Because of the all metal casing, you can use it as a little heater in the winter, win win !

But nothing in this world is perfect and I'll be truthful about that : -

The footswitch is a little counter intuitive with the on/off solo channel. It is opposite of what you think it is.

The EQ knobs (Bass, Mid and Treble) only works on Crunch and Solo channel, not Clean, which it has it's own dedicated Tone control knob. Some users found the clean channel a bit too bass heavy on their set up, some solved it with an EQ pedal, some by switching speaker cabs.  The recommended speaker for this amp is a G12H30 open back cab.  I have a V30 Bogner Cube.

But apart from that, I absolutely love the little thing.  It is well made, a little different looking that i love, light, very well built.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    Woah, @RaymondLin thats a great pic! @Johnnysixstring have you seen the Suhr Corso amps? They look similar
    edited January 2015

Thanks @Hymnal !

Another thing I forgot to say, which is a pretty important and what drew me to this amp in the first place.  The 18/5/1 watt attenuator switch.

It works brilliantly in this.  Even in 1 Watt mode is actually pretty loud, the online Youtube videos doesn't show you that, some of the Youtube online vids makes it sound compressed with no oomph yet the users are saying it sounds great.  In reality it sounds great full stop.  There is plenty of headroom in all the power modes.  It is deafeningly loud at 18W, I have not compared to another 18W or 20W side by side but this is so loud at 18W I never use that at home.  Mostly is 1W, 5W the most.

• Damn want it even more now, thank you for such a comprehensive and bank account worrying description, Ill check out the Corso too :)

edited January 2015

So this is Clean Channel, Just Volume and Tone knob lit up.

Tone on the left, Volume on the right.

There are 3 Volume knobs so you can set each channel to set volume, very handy for Solo.  There is a separate Gain knob for Crunch channel on the back. 

• Im thinking this and two cubes for a mini stack :)

Im thinking this and two cubes for a mini stack :)

lol, that is quite expensive! Why not just get the Goldfinger 2x12 cab?
  • One cab for small gigs two for bigger, Like the idea of little one for duo and mini stack for full band
    Ah, I see.  Then suggest mixing it up for even more flexiblity, get a Cube and the other the 112OL (discontinued last year but still some knocking around), the 112Ol has the G12H30 in it.  Although the 112OL is slightly wider though, and open back.
  • Right off to check my online banking now :)
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3308
    Raymond's pics make me want whatever is in the pic.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3308
    Here's a perfect chance to post a picture of a BC Rich or something mate. ;)
    Deijavoo said:
    Raymond's pics make me want whatever is in the pic.
    :p

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ill take both :)

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
    edited January 2015
    Just out of interest, I have a Corso and its a different beast. Looks awesome, so that's the cosmetics out of the way....!!

The amp was designed to take pedals very, very well. On its own, the cleans are stunning, and the overdrive is just that. It never strays into high gain territory, but has a wealth of adjustment over the tone stack which yields an impressive number of sounds. Couple it with boost, OD or distortion pedals and you can pretty much make it do anything.

The Line Out allows silent recording with a load box engaged, so no cab required in that state. And its good quality.

Just depends on what you're after. I love the Corso though.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom