Just bought a Nissan Qashqui

What's Hot
ParkerParker Frets: 960
edited January 2015 in Off Topic
Got it for my wife mainly, but we needed a newer family car, so took the plunge. Lots of research. Toss up between this and an ASX. Got a decent deal on an 11 plate, so have gone for it. It's the 1.6 petrol. Anything I need to worry about in particular? (Excluding getting old jokes!). Is it a cam belt or chain on these?
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• What gauge strings are on it?

;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I've got an 07 plate (bought new when they came out). 2L diesel and now on about 120,000 miles. Hasn't fallen to pieces yet.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Whats the ASX? I considered a qashqui a couple of years ago but the boot lip was really really high for loading amps in. 
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    I hate posting on this board with an iPhone! There are two annoying things:

1 - you create a new post within a set area, but you have to change the area manually or it defaults to 'Guitars'.

2 - you start typing a post, go to a different page (such as Photobucket to get the link) and what you've typed is wiped!

Grr
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Oil feed it oil every 12 months and it's a happy bunny
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Was going to say, it is a women's car by design.  Don't know why really as it has zero visibility and sticky out bits everywhere. 
    Maybe because it looks good I guess.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • capo4th said:
    Oil feed it oil every 12 months and it's a happy bunny

Nah... I don't think iPhones like oil.

;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2015
    lustycourtier;465652" said:
    Whats the ASX? I considered a qashqui a couple of years ago but the boot lip was really really high for loading amps in. 
    You'd like the (Mitsubishi) ASX then as there is no lip at all and the seats fold completely flat without needing to pull up the passenger bottom seat. As a muso, this was a massive plus for me too as the Qashqui is rubbish for that!

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Very uncomfortable rear seats and the 1.6 will struggle with hills.
    My V key is broken
  • holnrew said:
    Very uncomfortable rear seats and the 1.6 will struggle with hills.

Hmmm... that'll make him feel great about his new purchase. :)
    Rear seats aren't great for people of my height, but I don't intend to be back there very often....everyone else can put the f#ck up with it given that they're getting free lifts! ;)

Must have missed the What Car review part that says 'don't buy this car if you expect to make it up a hill!'. Luckily I took it for a test drive up a hill....and made it! Phew! :p
  • Parker said:
    everyone else can put the f#ck up with it given that they're getting free lifts! ;)

Quite so!
    Parker said:
    Rear seats aren't great for people of my height, but I don't intend to be back there very often....everyone else can put the f#ck up with it given that they're getting free lifts! ;)

Must have missed the What Car review part that says 'don't buy this car if you expect to make it up a hill!'. Luckily I took it for a test drive up a hill....and made it! Phew! :p
    I should say when it's full.
    My V key is broken
  • holnrew said:
    Parker said:

Given that the guys in the back got a free lift... I guess they can get out and push (provided the dodgy back seats don't mean they've put their backs out). 
    ;)
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24806
    Do you have an accurate weight for the Qashqui?
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
    make sure you cook it
    tae be or not tae be
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    holnrew said:
    Parker said:

Given that the guys in the back got a free lift... I guess they can get out and push (provided the dodgy back seats don't mean they've put their backs out). 
    ;)
    Oh it will make it, and won't be too bad really. Just something I noticed when I've been a passenger.
    My V key is broken
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    The aux belt for these is not one of the off the shelf types. Make sure that your mechanic gets the proper one from Nissan and fits that one. Our local guy tried 5 different sized belts and the one that was the closest fit still went loose after a hundred miles or so. The Nissan belts are about 2 quid more than the generics (something like £16 vs £18) so not a bank breaker, but worth making sure you get the right one. 

Nice ride, and you can get a Marshall half stack in the boot with the back seats folded down quite comfortably.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TinLip said:

Nice ride, and you can get a Marshall half stack in the boot with the back seats folded down quite comfortably.
    Exactly this. My 4x12, rack unit, guitars, pedalboard all fit nicely in the back.  It still drives about quite nicely with that lot in the back, and it only has a 1.6 under the hood.
  • fastboyfastboy Frets: 166
    Can't beat a good crossover for carrying guitar gear in. Whilst I can just about fit my rig in my car by putting some of it in the back seat or passenger seat (M3 Coupe) I always take the wives Volvo XC60 which fits the whole lot in the boot and carries 5 people in comfort as well.