wedge / prism pedal enclosures anyone?

nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
edited January 2015 in FX
I'm on the look out for a wedge shaped pedal enclosure like the pics below. Preferably unfinished but not fussy as long as it's not already drilled.

Since pedalenclosures.com is out of business I can't locate any (just like the yy enclosures).

Does anyone know where I could find one at a reasonable price? 
Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    Thanks for the heads up. I sent a message! I did also see he made some Shin ei fuzzes in a wedge enclosure!

Any other leads would be appreciated. Cheers
    No response from pigeonfx yet. Anyone else know of a supplier?
  • Since pedalenclosures stopped trading, there only seems to be two other manufacturers of 'non-generic' pedal enclosures:

For folded sheet metal wedge style:
    http://www.effectsenclosures.com/
    For more of a Boss style with a hinged pedal and in diecast aluminium:
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6203
    tFB Trader
    i like the RIXEN one, looks like a good BOSS/alike pedal. very well thought out

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    Thanks for the links!!
    I had come across these on ebay but they're still not quite right.  I'm sure something will turn up

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    edited February 2015
    Brook (Pigeon FX) is still active over on freestompboxes.org - user name peps1

Might be worth contacting him there - his TB1 enclosures are great.

• thorpy6;537314" said:
    Yes!

I've wanted boutique builders to finally use this type of enclosure for ages. Fit it with a top notch clickless switch and electronic switching, and it's small, bulletproof, easy to hit and hard to break.

I've dismissed plenty of great sounding hand made stuff because they use a mechanical true bypass scheme that I know I'll end up needing to fix at some point. So glad this option is available now!
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6203
    edited February 2015 tFB Trader
    thorpy6;537314" said:
    Yes!

I've wanted boutique builders to finally use this type of enclosure for ages. Fit it with a top notch clickless switch and electronic switching, and it's small, bulletproof, easy to hit and hard to break.

I've dismissed plenty of great sounding hand made stuff because they use a mechanical true bypass scheme that I know I'll end up needing to fix at some point. So glad this option is available now!
    choose the right 3pdt switch though and it isn't like that. The 3pdt switches I've bought for thorpyfx cost a shit ton of money.... but i hope it is money well spent.

....... oh and i went round the houses on soft click systems, it can be very tricky to implement for lots of boring reasons
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    thorpy6 said:
     The 3pdt switches I've bought for thorpyfx cost a shit ton of money.... but i hope it is money well spent.

Me too, seeing as how I've got one of your pedals already with a second on the way... :D

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread