SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Hiwatt Studio/Stage head

TrudeTrude Frets: 921
Hi folks

I have a Hiwatt Studio Stage combo.  I want a head version instead, so am looking either to buy one outright or do a trade if there's anyone out there wanting to change in the other direction!

Cheers m'dears!
Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hi

I've got a 40/20 Studio Stage Mk II CS Head available - it was originally the combo like yours but I whilst I loved the amp, I didn't enjoy carting it to gigs.

In 2012 I managed to persuade Hiwatt to sell me an empty head case and control panel (the amp itself is effectively upside down in the head) for £350.

All work conversion done by a professional but I left out the reverb tank as I don't use reverb.

Looks just the same, only quirk being the fact that the back panel reads upside down. Sounds great, new matched EL84s, custom ordered padded cover. Only selling as now using Orange AD30 which suits guitar and band a bit better.

I paid £900 for the combo s/hand, and it's therefore standing me £1250 less empty combo box and speakers.

Looking for £550 to reflect conversion.

By all means get in touch 07866 476659.

cheers

Jon

• TrudeTrude Frets: 921
    PM replied to - thanks!
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31591
    Truly one of the best post Hylight Hiwatts. Great amps- good luck with the deal.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.