Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Snoring

What's Hot
I snore like a bastard, I'm not a chubber although technically may be a stone overweight. Mrs Burgo does not like it, its causing problems. Makes no difference if I sleep on my side. Any ideas? Anybody tried the throat sprays?
"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RockerRocker Frets: 4989
    Can't be 'fixed' my friend.  It might be worthwhile getting yourself to a doctor to see if you are suffering [unknowingly] from Sleep Aponea.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7825
    I've tried everything short of an op. with no joy,

I'm currently losing weight to see if that helps, though tbh my missus has the ears of a bat, so I doubt it'll make any difference.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Can you not stay at your mistress's for a few days to give her a break? 
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I snore like a bitch. To the point of waking myself. Sleeping on my back helps loads. I don't suppose severla broken noses helped.

A friend had to have a small operation on his nose (I'm not entirely sure what was done) but apparantly that has helped his snoring.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Overweight doesn't help. Alcohol makes it worse. Dehydration makes it worse.

I use Breathe-Right adhesive strips at night. My missus says snoring is much reduced when I stick one of these across my nose. You can buy them on Amazon.

• CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    Lose that stone. I dropped from 13.5 stone to 12 stone and went from chainsaw-through-a-volkswagen to kitten-on-a-comfy-cushion.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24415
    edited January 2015
    Try these - they stick to your nose and spring your nostrils apart.  It helps me. I get a better sleep with them too.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Get a divorce. Snore as much as you want.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Just give her some ear plugs - that's our solution. At least...it's a solution for my wife. I can't wear them (I'm prone to impacted waxy ears), so I'm shit out of luck when it comes to her snoring.
    <space for hire>
  • My missus gave me a right shooing the other night for snoring,
    Thing is i was wide awake just lying there.
    I dont think i snore so i'm disputing it.
  • My snoring was getting bad. Very bad. Like really affecting my wife to the point she wanted to sleep in another room bad. Then she did and it affected our relationship. Operations were talked about but I'm told they are brutal and I'm a massive girl with that stuff.

I did this test 

and ended up buying this 

I now don't snore and get sex again. At least twice a year. ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Emp_Fab said:
    Try these - they stick to your nose and spring your nostrils apart.  It helps me. I get a better sleep with them too.

(snipped massive picture)
    They helped me a lot when I used them. But that was when they £1 for a pack of ten, not found them for that price for ages though.

Might help to know what kind of snoring it is though. Mine is because I have a tiny nose, and my nostrils collapse making me breathe through my mouth. Try these tests: http://www.britishsnoring.co.uk/itests/
    My V key is broken
  • I don't snore but the wife does like a steam train.

Tried lots of things and this device really worked for her. Not cheap though

http://m.boots.com/mt/www.boots.com/en/Snoreeze-Snoring-Relief-Oral-Device_1285293/#un_jtt_addtohome_hidden
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10445

If you both get really wasted before you hit the hay you will both snore ........... but neither of you will give a shit :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FazerFazer Frets: 467
    i heard of this exercise that is meant to help/stop snoring by firming up your soft palette
    you sing UNG-GAR
    thats UNG as in HUNG, and GAR as in GARDEN
    sing them very firmly, you can feel something happening

i cant remember now, but something along the lines of 30mins a day for a couple of weeks, then 5-10mins a day after that maybe?
  • FazerFazer Frets: 467
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15980
    My snoring was getting bad. Very bad. Like really affecting my wife to the point she wanted to sleep in another room bad. Then she did and it affected our relationship. Operations were talked about but I'm told they are brutal and I'm a massive girl with that stuff.

I did this test 

and ended up buying this 

Christ, I'd rather have the celibacy
    tae be or not tae be
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    My snoring was getting bad. Very bad. Like really affecting my wife to the point she wanted to sleep in another room bad. Then she did and it affected our relationship. Operations were talked about but I'm told they are brutal and I'm a massive girl with that stuff.

I did this test 

and ended up buying this 

Have a wisdom, one of these worked for me also. Damn uncomfortable to wear but they do work.

However, I no longer need one as I figured out that the effect these anti-snoring devices have can be achieved in other ways. Basically, you need to stop your airway closing when you relax while lying down, causing you to snore. There's various ways to do this.

1) bring the lower jaw forward, as achieved by wearing the above devices
    2) position your neck in bed so your lower jaw naturally falls in the position it is in when upright (you don't usually snore when upright). This usually means a few pillows, sleeping on your back, and learning to relax your jaw completely.

Other things I found helped was not eating or drinking at least 1-2 hours before bed, but that might be coincidental.

• @hootsmon if you knew my wife you would not prefer celibacy. Basically if you cross pre surgery Heather Locklear with Carlize Theron..

Snoring was not an option for me!