Martin coletti parts

Apart from ebay, which i've checked, does anyone know where i could get hold of a tailpiece for an old martin coletti acoustic.
I've been offered one very cheap but its missing some parts.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16915
    Any generic old tailpeice would do - although it would be easy to spend more than the guitar is worth

• In a word, no. :)

I've got an old Martin Coletti and a few years ago (after watching eBay for a while) picked up a badly broken one for a few quid off eBay. I've got the tailpiece, tuners and butt-plug strap button in a tin for spares. The rest went in the bin.

• Well, i picked it up the other day for 30 quid.
    Its got f holes and looks something like a jazz guitar.
    Theres no serial but has the martin coletti decal on the body.
    The headstock appears to be in two sections and has started to separate but i cant see it being too much of an issue to reglue.
    Some of the binding needs regluing here and there.
    Not quite sure if the neck had been reset or just had a little glue added at the body - i'll post some better pics later.
    And it will need a new nut.
    Looks to be missing the tailpiece and scratchplate thats all.
    I'm not expecting a great deal from it tbh in terms of playability but it has got a vintage '50's charm to it and i'm tempted to string it up for blues slide and possibly add a pickup.
  • ParkerParker Frets: 961
    We've had a Coletti in the family for over 50 years. It was a present to my mum from her dad when she was a teenager. I remember it kicking around the house. Due to years of neglect, the neck needs resetting. I really need to get it to Andy Manson or Chris Eccleshall, but its not going to be a cheap fix. Its a nice one though with lots of MOP in a dark vintage sunburst. Would be nice to restore it for the old girl.
  • suspiciousmindssuspiciousminds Frets: 398
    edited January 2015
    Heres a few more pics:
  • suspiciousmindssuspiciousminds Frets: 398
    edited January 2015
    There is a noticable gap on the base of the neck and it looks like someone has tried to reset it - is there anyway i could remove this and reset it again?
    A mate suggested a heatgun
    Any thoughts?
    I havent cleaned it up yet, hence it looks really grubby in the pics.