Source Audio seem to have some interesting stuff going on....

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
http://www.sourceaudio.net/blog/post/winter-namm-2015-a-source-audio-sneak-peek

So NAMM will see 12 new pedals from Source Audio, according to one of their employees on The Gear Page. Here is the first.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17662
    tFB Trader
    Very interesting. 

I have an Orbital Modulator ATM and it's very good indeed.
  • @monquixote Knowing your predilection for churning pedals, presumably the "ATM" in the name of that pedal stands for "At The Moment"
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    Looks like they are doing a 'normal' range of pedals then but with a tc like editor. So, like tc pedals then. That Control socket is presumably for something like a Favorite switch to access presets done on the editor or clevererer than that?
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    Looks like they've just made a chorus pedal. Not that excited, yet......
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4601
    Their flanger was quite weak but i like the idea of the Orbital Modulator though not tried it yet .. they do seem to have large and diverse sounds in them, which is nice.
    tFB Trader
    @monquixote Knowing your predilection for churning pedals, presumably the "ATM" in the name of that pedal stands for "At The Moment"
    Yeah pretty much :)
    tFB Trader
    Looks like they are doing a 'normal' range of pedals then but with a tc like editor. So, like tc pedals then. That Control socket is presumably for something like a Favorite switch to access presets done on the editor or clevererer than that?
    If it works like the soundblox 2 pedals then you can connect it up to a hub and define 128 pedal scenes that can be recalled over MIDI.

Very cool indeed especially if they pull their finger out and do a delay pedal.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    They confirmed this on their Facebook page and on The Gear Page the other day.
    tFB Trader
    Drew_fx said:
    Ace, is it going to be a Soundblox 2 or the new type?
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Drew_fx said:
    Ace, is it going to be a Soundblox 2 or the new type?
    No idea I'm afraid!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    They have a programmable expression pedal on facebook due out NAMMish. Not sure I have need of 128 programmes but interesting, especially if you have a MIDI based system. Couldn't spot the delay on there, but just had a glance down.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • hello, I work for Source Audio and wanted to jump in to help answer any questions:

About the Reflex Expression Pedal:

*The Reflex has 128 internal presets ?

Correct. These are stored in its own memory. Even without a MIDI controller or Hub, you can recall presets using the simple menu interface on the Reflex control panel.

*The Presets can be recalled with PC messages from the Hub ?

Presets can be recalled with PC messages from a MIDI controller. The Hub is able to do a MIDI Thru function so that would work as well for getting MIDI from a controller through the Hub and to the Reflex.

*Will it show up in the Hub Manager?

This is planned, but currently in development.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Hello. Whats the expected rrp for the nemesis delay?
  • DanchiDanchi Frets: 25
    ncabral said:

hello, I work for Source Audio and wanted to jump in to help answer any questions:

About the Reflex Expression Pedal:

*The Reflex has 128 internal presets ?

Correct. These are stored in its own memory. Even without a MIDI controller or Hub, you can recall presets using the simple menu interface on the Reflex control panel.

*The Presets can be recalled with PC messages from the Hub ?

Presets can be recalled with PC messages from a MIDI controller. The Hub is able to do a MIDI Thru function so that would work as well for getting MIDI from a controller through the Hub and to the Reflex.

*Will it show up in the Hub Manager?

This is planned, but currently in development.

I have a question:

What's the difference both sonically and in terms of functionality of the Soundblox Pro Multiwave Distortion and the Soundblox 2 Multiwave Distortion?
  • ncabralncabral Frets: 5
    The Soundblox 2 is a newer pedal.  Even tho you get 2 presets with the Soundblox 2's, you can connect it to the hub which gives you the ability to store 128 scenes.  With the Soundblox 2 you can also assign the Hot Hand to any parameters, before it was set on the PRO version.
    The algorithms are very similar in both, so the sound is practically the same.  

Sorry for the delayed response, I thought I'd get an email when someone replied to this thread but didn't.
  • ncabralncabral Frets: 5
    hugbot said:
    Hello. Whats the expected rrp for the nemesis delay?
    expected to be around $250 street price
    tFB Trader
    ncabral said:

Sorry for the delayed response, I thought I'd get an email when someone replied to this thread but didn't.
    You can set that in your preferences.