Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Since when have there been wild boar in the UK?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Crushing, not wild.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15747
    /\ /\ ah, if only he were just boring.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• hootsmon said:
    ^ aye, but this is MODERN times man
    It's 1967 maaaaaaan
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6918
    Every day is School day. If someone asked me if we had wild bore in the UK I would have said no...

@breakstuff - good work!
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • My missus bought some wild boar pate at xmas, came with cranberries and other festive tidbits.
    And, it came in a proper ceramic dish which was a nice touch i thought.
    All in all it was very civilised, not wild at all, so, me...well i'm ok with wild boars.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3597
    As a youngster I knew several grown men who limped because of incidents with 'tame' boars earlier in their lives. My father was a pig breeder in the 1960s it was common practice to surgically remove the tusks of young boars kept for breading, most boars went for meat long before maturity and had there nuts cut/chewed off to improve the fattening process. Whilst the wild versions are physically smaller they are a lot more aggressive I understand. I would not like to confront a wild boar on it's own turf.
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Sambostar said:

Oh.  I was thinking.  Wild Boar released in a country where citizens aren't allowed to carry or own guns.  It doesn't make any sense and they destroy crops and plantations.

Wondering which country has wild boar that people aren't allowed to own guns...
  • awww image

i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    ESBlonde said:
    As a youngster I knew several grown men who limped because of incidents with 'tame' boars earlier in their lives. My father was a pig breeder in the 1960s it was common practice to surgically remove the tusks of young boars kept for breading, most boars went for meat long before maturity and had there nuts cut/chewed off to improve the fattening process. Whilst the wild versions are physically smaller they are a lot more aggressive I understand. I would not like to confront a wild boar on it's own turf.
    Yeah pigs are funny things and heavy too.  They chew stones to keep their teeth in check and they have a lot of weight and muscle should you be in the wrong place at the wrong time
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock