SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Marshall 1960AX 4x12

Wanted, 1960AX 4x12 cab, must have original speakers (reissue greenbacks) check grill cloth etc - angled.

Cheers
Current Gear: 2006 Gibson Les Paul Classic, Charvel So Cal, 1999 Gibson SG Standard, 2008 Fender Road Worn Strat, 2008 Fender Road Worn Telecaster, Partscaster SRV-lookalike Strat, Martin D28, Gretsch Jim Dandy, Kemper Profiler and Kemper Kab, Marshall JCM800 2203 (Dan Gower modded), Marshall 1960A w/Greenbacks, Positive Grid Spark Mini, various pedals and recording gear!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ExorcistExorcist Frets: 667
    Hello mate,
    I have one that I'm probably never going to use again - I'm pretty sure its got greenbacks in it although I have never looked, I bought it new in about 1990? Been in and out of plenty of vans and played plenty of shows but no tears in the cloth I can think off. I'll have a better look at it tonight (I'm in Essex) if your interested.
  • Hiya mate, you able to send by courier at my cost? Im in South Wales so rather far away from you.....
    Current Gear: 2006 Gibson Les Paul Classic, Charvel So Cal, 1999 Gibson SG Standard, 2008 Fender Road Worn Strat, 2008 Fender Road Worn Telecaster, Partscaster SRV-lookalike Strat, Martin D28, Gretsch Jim Dandy, Kemper Profiler and Kemper Kab, Marshall JCM800 2203 (Dan Gower modded), Marshall 1960A w/Greenbacks, Positive Grid Spark Mini, various pedals and recording gear!
    That might be a bit of a pain due to the size - I have no idea how it would be packaged up? I'll take a few photo's tonight, and if you like it and we can agree a price I'll phone around. Anyone know what they are worth second hand?
    FWIW If anyone else here has one nearer then I won't be in the least bit offended
  • Cover the back and front in cardboard and leave the handles free I guess - I don't mind it getting knocked around a bit as they are built for being chucked in the back of vans etc! :)
    :) Fair point!
  • I'm not fussy as long as it's works :)

interparcel.com usually the best for courier quotes.....
    Hello mate,
    I went to drag the cab out last night (got back from work a bit late) but my little one was sleeping in the next room, so I couldn't really do anything. It is pretty scuffed, but no tears to the cloth - however, if I'm honest it made me realise what a polava it would be to get it shipped, and the worry that some idiot would drop it out of a truck and damage the speakers/cloth,  so I think I'll have to gracefully bow out, unless you end up in this neck of the woods for any reason. Hopefully someone else has one for you. Sorry mate - its a shame you're the other side of the country!
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1143
    i've sent them - it's not as bad as you might think, but you need a very large box as the starting point.

I just got as close as I could with one or two large boxes then MacGvyered it with a lot of tape and more cardboard until it's covered - doesn't have to look nice, just get the job done :)