Did That Actually Happen?

What's Hot

I very rarely watch ITV, don't read celeb mags and tabloids and my kids are too young to be into fashions and fads so sometimes huge trends and z-list celebs pass me by.  Anyway, last night I got around to watching Charlie Brooker's Screen Wipe 2014 and he mentioned a massive prize dick called Dapper Laughs?  Did that really happen?  In a year when a genius scientist was almost stoned for wearing a shirt with cartoon women on it did this major bellend and self proclaimed "Gash Machine" actually get his own show on ITV?  This country is mental.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4613
    Charlie is the MAN!!! i don't have a tv so it was nice to catch up on what i didn't miss in 2014 .. Long live the Blockheads
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Dapper Laughs was an Alter ego of a comedian who became popular using vine clips.

It was funny at first, but the popularity went to his head and it go very odd, very quick

I think the media snowballed, i've heard much worse said by others.  He started making fun of the media, saying things they expected him to say.  The media then quoted these jokes to make it even worse.  It was a vicious cycle.
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 546

I very rarely watch ITV, don't read celeb mags and tabloids and my kids are too young to be into fashions and fads so sometimes huge trends and z-list celebs pass me by.  Anyway, last night I got around to watching Charlie Brooker's Screen Wipe 2014 and he mentioned a massive prize dick called Dapper Laughs?  Did that really happen?  In a year when a genius scientist was almost stoned for wearing a shirt with cartoon women on it did this major bellend and self proclaimed "Gash Machine" actually get his own show on ITV?  This country is mental.

I thought that myself, he completely passed me by.(Thankfully)
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited January 2015
    I don't know about it until the CB show. Was it actually a comedian in character, I thought the CB show said he was an estate agent?
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27304
    edited January 2015
    He said he was "just doing a character". None believed him.

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    I thought this was going to be about Rita Ora on the One Show.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11373
    I thought this was going to be about Rita Ora on the One Show.
    From what I understand, she was showing both of them, not just one.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10348
    /\ pics or it....

Aww,you know the rest.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    edited January 2015
    http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/79/590x/secondary/rita-ora-the-one-show-the-voice-239373.jpg Fine evening's viewing it was . Wheres the 'dirty old man' emoticon?
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Damn I missed that one. I Deffo would,what I don't get though is Charlie dimmock used to do it every week and nobody complained
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited January 2015
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10348
    DING DONG!!!! @-)
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    edited January 2015
    What's the big fuss about will.i.ams hat?.......

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Dapper Laughs is a douche. Rita Ora has nice baps.

WHISSSKEEEYYYY!!
  • I thought this was going to be about Rita Ora on the One Show.
    What makes that better is that the Daily Mail, always hungry for any chance to bash the BBC, puts up an article featuring the phrase 'BBC controversy' right now to a picture of Cara Delevingne in knickers and the usual range of sideboob child stalking paparazzi shit that makes up the staple diet of the pre-watershed Mail Online. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I very rarely watch ITV, don't read celeb mags and tabloids and my kids are too young to be into fashions and fads so sometimes huge trends and z-list celebs pass me by.  Anyway, last night I got around to watching Charlie Brooker's Screen Wipe 2014 and he mentioned a massive prize dick called Dapper Laughs?  Did that really happen?  In a year when a genius scientist was almost stoned for wearing a shirt with cartoon women on it did this major bellend and self proclaimed "Gash Machine" actually get his own show on ITV?  This country is mental.

Try the story of Sam Pepper for added 'How the fuck?' moments. 

Charlie Brooker does indeed rule. 

• sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1323
    Not really a fan or admirer of Ms Ora, but the fact that people complain so much about that nowadays is just a sad indicator that we're only as free as the loudest complainers allow us to be.  How dare they?  She's dressing provocatively, yes, but it's pretty fucking tame compared to what you'll find on basically all the music channels nowadays, all day long.  

These women (and honestly, they'll all be women won't they?) are threatened in some bizarre way.  "I don't want my Johnny seeing this sort of thing on The One Show!".  Like those couple of inches of extra "plunge" to the neck line somehow will possess their husband or son or whatever.  Women's Lib is a funny thing.  
  • I don't get why side-boob is more controversial than the equal amount top-boob.  I bet percentage-wise I've seen more of Theresa May's breasts of Prime Minister's Question Time that I can of Rita Ora's on The One Show.

• sinbaadi said:
    These women (and honestly, they'll all be women won't they?) are threatened in some bizarre way.  "I don't want my Johnny seeing this sort of thing on The One Show!".  Like those couple of inches of extra "plunge" to the neck line somehow will possess their husband or son or whatever.  Women's Lib is a funny thing.  
    Honestly, they won't be. Remember the Janet Jackson nips out incident at the Superbowl? The lead body trying to bust asses over the fire for such lewd vulgarity (giggle) was the Parents Television Council. I offer up their leadership team for your perusal. Even better, their advisory board. Absolute cockfest and yes that really is Billy Ray Cyrus on the board trying to make television a safer less crude and vulgar place. Grounding your daughter might help. 

• speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    randomhandclaps;470572" said:
    I don't get why side-boob is more controversial than the equal amount top-boob.  I bet percentage-wise I've seen more of Theresa May's breasts of Prime Minister's Question Time that I can of Rita Ora's on The One Show.
    Tonight's steak makes a return in 3,2,1