SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Gibson Les Paul Studio 1992 with ebony fingerboard - £500

What's Hot
CapeloCapelo Frets: 17
edited January 2015 in Guitars £
Belated happy New Year to everyone!

I have started 2015 with a terrible GAS for a Gibson Explorer and, hence, have decided to put my Les Paul Studio 1992 for sale. I really wish I could keep her but I bought a guitar from a forumite just before the holidays and my significant other would likely change the locks and file for divorce if I showed up with yet another guitar. 

The guitar is in really good condition for its age (turning 23 this year!). She has some small dings and marks here and there, but nothing too offensive. The colour has now turned into a yellowy cream shade, which in my opinion looks great and adds mojo to the guitar. Note that the leather bit of the strap has caused some orangey marks where the strap meets the lower part of the body (see pictures)

The guitar got a full set up just before Christmas and plays and sounds great (if Les Pauls are your thing obviously!). The previous owner changed the stock Kluxon tuners for what looks like some Gotoh or Grover ones (can't confirm this as they are unbranded). I still have the original Kluxons, so she can be easily turned back to stock if wanted. The previous owner told me that the neck was made of maple and not mahogany. I am not a luthier or wood expert, so unfortunately can't guarantee this is 100% accurate. Frets are in good shape and should have at least 1.5 to 2 years of playing left in them (unless you play 10 hours a day). 

She comes with a brand new Epiphone hard case, almost identical to the original Gibson one. 

Price wise, I am thinking £550 but will consider sensible offers. 

As always, better to meet in person to inspect and play the guitar and have a cuppa, but happy to ship her anywhere you are. Also, don't hesitate to ask any questions or ask for more pictures. I will try to take some this weekend with natural light. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    Hi bud. Have u got a weight for this... I'm after a lighter one due to old man back I have :( thnx
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CapeloCapelo Frets: 17
    Good question, I haven't really checked to be honest. Having said that, I got a feeling this is not going to be a particularly light one. Will check over the weekend. I am not a Les Paul expert, so maybe she is "light" by LP standards.  
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1143
    it will be a lot lighter than an Explorer :)

• I can vouch for the quality of early 90s studios as I have two myself. Far better than the crap Gibson have been churning out of late. Although I doubt it's a maple neck. But I may be wrong. Have a bump on me and good luck with the sale.
    Bo
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    Thnx
    edited January 2015
    Many thanks guys. As mentioned, the info on the maple neck came from the previous owner, but have no way to confirm if true. I have owned with this three LPs (2 Studios and one Tradional) and totally agree that the older ones are much nicer. Feel more solid to me if that makes sense
  • JtaylorJtaylor Frets: 184
    Would you swap for a 1991 fender Mexican strat, all black, rosewood fretboard?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks a lot for the offer but I am mostly looking for an Explorer
    Time for a bump. Could also consider trades for a Gibson SG (61 or Standard) or something from PRS (USA) plus cash your way. Happy Sunday!
    Bump and price drop. £500. I have now found something that really interests me, so this sexy beast has to go.
  • Someone's coming for my DC Jnr. Tonight and this is just over my replacement guitar/debt budget - so if all goes well will be in touch.
    Thanks @zenzeypher Don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions or want additional pictures. Cheers. Jose
  • Didn't turn up did they. If you fancy the DC and wanna do a p/x let me know - if not I gotta keep fishing
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 935
    Daaaaaamn!

That's a nice studio. Not in the market I'm afraid, but that's real nice, and the new owner will be a lucky dude (or dudette)

*free bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2015
    @zenzeypher thanks mate but the DC is not for me I am afraid. I have now sourced a brand new hard case from Epiphone. Should be here next week, so price now includes hard case. Long shot for trades but happy to look at Caparisons too
    Midweek bump. Hardcase has now arrived. £500 including shipping within the UK takes her. Might be going to Evil Bay soon...