Anyone here use a VPN?

If so, who do you use and why do you choose said company?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• For personal or professional use?
  • sw67sw67 Frets: 231
    Yes. Private internet access. I tried a few and it was the first one that didnt slow my connection to a crawl. £30 ish a year and used on macs / ipads and iphones. Used mainly for us netflix
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27143
    I use one most days for watching TV from home. I have HMA and it costs about 40 a year iirc. It was recommended by a friend and it's never given me any trouble. Works on multiple devices, which is handy
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I might try Private Internet Access then.  I am using PrivateVPN and they're OK, but I have trouble getting logged in to some of their servers at times.  I only have 2 weeks left with PrivateVPN so will probably change.  If you guys have a promo code or anything you give me so we can both enjoy the benefits then feel free.... :p
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    I have VPN on my work iPad. I have no idea what it is though....
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • Iamnobody said:
    Maybe it's used to connect to your company's network so you can access work related systems and information?
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    bingefeller;472218" said:
    Iamnobody said:

Maybe it's used to connect to your company's network so you can access work related systems and information?
    Correct - I just googled it!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_network
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    edited January 2015

I use the Works VPN system regularly, it works very well, but I'll have to power my laptop up to see what they are using these days.

Edit: Appears to be something called "Shrew Soft"!

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

Kind of, but we use a cloud network.

We don't own or possess any servers, it's all outsourced. It's a superb service, we've NEVER had any virus issues whatsoever, and we can access our desktops anywhere by logging on to the website. We don't have to worry about back-ups, or replacing servers, and we don't need expensive PC towers. It's just like sitting at the office desk. Highly recommended.

• Professionally I use Pulse VPN to access my employer's corporate network with gates throughout the world.

Personally I use a VPN whenever I use any WiFi network that isn't my own. For example, if I'm using free WiFi in a restaurant or a hotel I will connect to my home network through a VPN which I set up on my Dd-wrt router and then connect tot the internet through that. Public wifi isn't to be trusted.

If I'm at home and I want to watch US Netflix then I'll use Private Internet Access where I have an account.
  • I use one to watch Netflix shows from the US and Canada that aren't currently on Netflix UK. Occasional problems logging in, but mostly good.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I would like to use one to secretly buy secret things on the secret web.
    My V key is broken
  • nutboxnutbox Frets: 34
    Hi sorry for hijacking this post. Has anybody tried http://www.unblockr.net I am asking because I am looking to use it on my fire tv,because it doesn't allow the use of a vpn? Cheers dazz