Focus T25 training - anyone done it?

124»

Comments

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3344
    Horses for courses I guess, I'm fine with most cardio but when it comes to abs I suffer. Tonight is lower focus and cardio. I can't remember if theirs spider push-ups in beta but I seem to recall there's worst things lol.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm going to start week three of alpha again I think. I haven't felt any more tightness in my hamstring for over a week. I'm home all week next week so will be easier to stick to it as well.
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    Finished Alpha last night.  Usually I don't really feel like I need the rest day on a Saturday but doing both TBC and Lower Focus yesterday has left me drained.  Results from these first 5 weeks have been good - 12lbs lost and  chest and waist both down 3 inches.

So onto Beta next week.  I may be getting ahead of myself but I'm already planning what to do after Beta.  Current options are to continue onto Gamma or start going through P90x3 again. 
    It's gone a bit quiet here - anyone else still in?

First week of beta done and dusted.  In general I'm preferring the beta workouts to their alpha equivalents.  To me they aren't that different to the alpha workouts but are generally a bit tougher.  Speed 2.0 is great, it just flies by.  Adding the weight routines in means this is more like what I was used to in P90x3.  I used light weights this week as I've hurt my shoulder in the past but I might up them a bit next week and see how I do as I felt I wasn't working as much as I could be.

The good news is no more spider pushups.  My new least favourite move are the single leg burpees and the running spider stretch but they don't bother me as much as the spider pushups did.
  • Been at it five weeks now but started from week 3 again as I'd stopped for a bit due to a tight hamstring.
    The annoying thing is I felt I was starting to nail each routine but since starting again it's been tough getting to that same level. 
    So far lower focus has been the easiest and ab intervals the most enjoyable. I found Speed 1.0 and Cardio really tough on my calfs. TBC is probably the most knackering overall but I found it easier in a sense that the focus shifts to different body parts more often. 
    Working away over next two weeks so will see how much I can fit in. I can see myself repeating weeks 4 and 5 if I don't get enough done as I don't want to progress to Beta unless I feel ready to. 
    I was a little uneasy about moving onto Beta as I didn't feel I'd made much progress in Alpha.  In the end I reasoned that I was getting through the Alpha routines reasonably well and, at worse, I could jump back to Alpha if need be.  I'm glad I made the change now - Beta is a bit tougher but I'm finding the routines much more enjoyable.  Core Cardio on Monday left me gasping by the end but I got through it fine yesterday (still knackered but I didn't have to sit down for 5 minutes before showering).

My calf muscles tightened up during the first week (DOMS I assume) but have been fine since.  What shoes have you been using?  I've been using running shoes with a lot of support and I'm guessing they've helped.  Could do with something with less grip though as I'm working out on carpet and some of the twisting moves are tough as I can't really spin on the balls of my feet.
  • I've got some decent cross trainers but I think it's more that I haven't had a consistent run at it, whether it be through injury or working away. I was the same with insanity in the beginning but they loosened up eventually.
    I've got the same problem re twisting as I'm working out on carpet mostly.  We're in a temporary house atm while ours is being worked on, once we get back there I'll be on laminate which should help. 
    I think I just need to accept that my progress will be relatively slow and not worry too much about it. As long as I make the most of the time when I can work out properly and then do what I can when I'm away. Maybe concentrate on resistance training with bands when I'm in hotels/b&b, I've tried the modifiers but still feel like I'm making too much noise to piss off other guests etc. 
    Anyway, working in Weymouth next week and there's a beer festival so that could hinder things!