Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Crisp Sandwich Bar

What's Hot

Comments

• This thread is an education.  Good luck to those Cereal Killer guys. If people are willing to hand over good money to them, why not.

People are starting to make money out of doing stuff we've always done.  Maybe I should start up an egg bar? Boiled eggs, fried eggs, coddled eggs, poached eggs, Eggs Benedict...

I may have an offshoot bacon bar too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This thread is an education.  Good luck to those Cereal Killer guys. If people are willing to hand over good money to them, why not.

People are starting to make money out of doing stuff we've always done.  Maybe I should start up an egg bar? Boiled eggs, fried eggs, coddled eggs, poached eggs, Eggs Benedict...

I may have an offshoot bacon bar too.
    Open up the egg bar in a hip area and it might do OK.  
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I've eaten cereal and watched cartoons for years. I don't do it to be cool, these people can kindly go away and stop raising my social status.
    My V key is broken
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Tomato ketchup sarnies are far superior to any of your crisp sarny efforts.

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Far too soggy.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Rubbish, you just need the right ratio of butter to ketchup. Which is............errrrr.........well, I don't actually know, but anyone with half a brain will have half an idea.

Rubbish, you just need the right ratio of butter to ketchup. Which is............errrrr.........well, I don't actually know, but anyone with half a brain will have half an idea.

I've had punters who've lived on the streets that wouldn't eat that! Mind you, they'd've been off their tits on some drug or another, so I'm not convinced food (or a ketchup sandwich, which ain't food...) would have even entered the equaltion.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15582

I used to eat mayonnaise sarnies. Not sure I could eat a ketchup sarnie, don't even like ketchup in a chip butty.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Wrong.

Jam sammiches win.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I used to eat crisp sandwiches when I was a kid .. magic times.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    mike_l said:

Wrong.

Jam sammiches win.

ONLY if they have lumps in, and are 'proper'. None of your budget shite.
    jd0272 said:
    mike_l said:

Wrong.

Jam sammiches win.

ONLY if they have lumps in, and are 'proper'. None of your budget shite.

Of course, non of that cheap jam here. Unless it's home-made in which case it's find the bit without a lump of fruit.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

has anyone ever eaten a peanut butter and jelly (we'll allow the yanks the Americanism for the word jam in this case as technically they are correct assuming it's a smooth jam) sarnie? I can't imagine how you'd come up with something like that, it's like diabetes between 2 pieces of bread.

I have Vim. There used to be Goobers (IIRC) who put jam and peanut butter in the same jar ready.

It was lush.

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    VimFuego said:
    has anyone ever eaten a peanut butter and jelly (we'll allow the yanks the Americanism for the word jam in this case as technically they are correct assuming it's a smooth jam) sarnie? I can't imagine how you'd come up with something like that, it's like diabetes between 2 pieces of bread.
    Bloody horrible things - they stick to the roof of your mouth.  I used to eat 'em when I were a lad in that there Americky...
    Nitefly said:
    VimFuego said:
    Bloody horrible things - they stick to the roof of your mouth.  I used to eat 'em when I were a lad in that there Americky...
    yeah, I get that with commercial peanut butter. Though I've found with homemade you don't get that claggyness.

VimFuego said:
    Nitefly said:
    VimFuego said:
    yeah, I get that with commercial peanut butter. Though I've found with homemade you don't get that claggyness.
    Homemade jam, or PB? If it's PB, how does one go about that?

peanut butter:

http://www.foodnetwork.co.uk/recipes/homemade-peanut-butter-5674.html

though that's not quite the recipe I use, the one I use has grape seed oil. But that's it basically. Ever so easy.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    VimFuego said:

peanut butter:

http://www.foodnetwork.co.uk/recipes/homemade-peanut-butter-5674.html

though that's not quite the recipe I use, the one I use has grape seed oil. But that's it basically. Ever so easy.

Cheers dude, just being lazy   :)

I hate the stuff, but the Mrs and kids love it. I'll get me pots out tomorrow night when she's at Uni.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I love PB&J. I get peanut butter from holland and barrett, which is just mushed peanuts so it's less bad for you.
    My V key is broken