SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wanted: Under 15w amp

Hey guys,

In an attempt to make me pick my guitar up more often, I'm considering buying a new "bedroom friendly" amp.

I'm pretty interested in an orange tiny terror for instance, as I can gig it if I needed too as well, but apart from it being 15w or under, I don't really have any other preferences. Can be a combo or head and cab, and am looking to spend as little as possible.

Located in Kent, but I've shipped amps any a time with no issues.

So what have you got?

Cheers,
Luke
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hi Luke, Would you be interested in a Marshall 50th Anniversary JTM-1 combo, 1 x 10, mint condition, switchable to 0.1w too, hardly ever used, hotcovers padded cover, £325 delivered. Cost new £559 Cheers Paul
  • Thanks for the offer mate. Not sure it's really what I'm after, as ideally I would like to be able to use it comfortably for band practice, but I'll check it out nonetheless.

Cheers.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    You need to look for a Laney LC15-R. Superb, and for nowt really. Nobody's havin mine.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12660
    I would recommend a handsome devil combo over a tiny terror any day of the week, can be had for around £150
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • Always liked the look of the laneys. Forgot about them so cheers for reminding me!

And Jonny, I'll have a look into them, thanks! Wish I still had that class 5 I believe I bought off you a while back?!

Thanks.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12660
    Yes you did Luke, many have come and gone since then pal!, Welcome back! :)

Ive had the TT and as OK as it is it is a one trick pony, I'm on the lookout for a Handsome Devil too, sold one a while back and now regret it. That's GAS for you!
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • moominman2moominman2 Frets: 9
    edited January 2015
    Thank you ! Great little amp it was, but unfortunately it didn't cut through the mix at band practice enough!

Haha, the original forum made me gas so hard, it contributed to educating my girlfriend on amps...the conversation was very limited for a good while.

And cheers for the input of the TT. I just liked the idea of it being so portable. I'll give you first dibs if the handsome devil comes up on here in that case ;)

Cheers.
  • How does the handsome devil compare to the jet city 20w two channel head?

And how much are both worth used as a head?

Thanks.
  • SammmSammm Frets: 26
    I'm selling my Vox AC4 on here for not very much at all. It's great for bedroom stuff and depending on your band/drummer etc can work for practicing 
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 625
    edited January 2015
    Have maybe for the chop...........

Marshall class 5 with white tolex & union jack speaker cloth & fully rat modded by ratamps £300
    or Blackheart BH5 head + matching 1x12 fully rat modded by ratamps  £250
    Both these are ideal for home use with the OPR power control or bloody loud at full works
    or Fender G DEC 30  £120. Ideal practice amp at home also with SD card backing tracks to play along with.
    These are one of the best ampos for home practice with headphone etc.

If any take your fancy I'll put more info together
  • Thanks Sam I'll have a look into those.

And baz, I could be interested. Could I get some prices?

Thanks
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 625

And baz, I could be interested. Could I get some prices?

Thanks
    Have added prices above. If you want pics PM me yr email.  Cheers Baz
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11978
    tFB Trader
    Got a Samick 10w practise amp for £25 in the classifieds

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• A_T_WA_T_W Frets: 66
    I've got a Laney VC-15 I'm looking to move on. I used it for practise with my drummer friend many times so it definitely holds up in that regard, but still sounds great at bedroom level. Looking for £175 plus whatever postage would be. Send me a PM if you're interested :)
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471

Laney Cub 12...for £140 plus postage