Any Park Runners out there?

What's Hot
I have been doing park run for about a year now and love it, i started running a few months before i started going to my first park run and i have found it a great motivator to getting fitter!

Anyone else out there that likes to get up early on saturday morning and leg it round your local park? Which one do you go to? 

My local is Gateshead and I sometimes go to Newcastle (much flatter!)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4648
    edited January 2015
    Who's that gut lord marching... you should cut down on your porklife mate... get some
    Exercise

ALL THE PEOPLE
    SO MANY PEOPLE
    THEY ALL GO HAND IN HAND
    HAND IN HAND THROUGH THEIR PARKLIFE

And it's not about you joggers who go round and round and round
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4591
    The thought of actually running round a park, ON A SATURDAY MORNING and enjoying it, is so very, very alien to me... i admire you but also, at the same time, i do not trust you, in any way whatsoever.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • haha! thanks @DesVegas i think.... 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've been tempted to start doing my local one (Harrogate) but it's so incredibly early! Most days I would be alright but if I was gigging on a Friday night, I don't know how I would pull myself out of bed!
  • I did a couple just to keep my neighbour happy as he was nagging me that he needed some company. I ran with him on the first one and we did about 28 mins togather. On the next one he said I should just go ahead without him and I ran 21:08. he never asked me to go with him again...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nowadays i have a very young daughter who normally has me awake about then anyway but before she was born i do feel like i was a bit mental getting up on my only lie in day! 
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Do you go to Saltwell Park? Just down the road from me. I've seen people doing it a few times, even slow old people, but I'm still too unfit.
    My V key is broken
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10317
    edited January 2015
    I prefer to use the car.You get there quicker. :D
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2892
    Gonna pound the concrete now with rocky 4 on the headphones. No easy way out fellas ;)
  • holnrew;475478" said:
    Do you go to Saltwell Park? Just down the road from me. I've seen people doing it a few times, even slow old people, but I'm still too unfit.
    Yeah it's Saltwel park! People of all abilities do it!
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2892
    Just got in, feckin awesome run with a lovely long slow incline of a hill to get up.

Sprints on Wednesday, Bag Work/Kettlebells tomorrow 
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    Do my local parkrun here and there as either a pacing session or to help others on their first 5ks. About to start helping out with a new even more local (1 mile away) parkrun that is off road.  Just marshalling, barcodes etc every other week.  Really good community.

• I love the gym and exercise in general, but running I despise unless it's chasing a ball of some kind or maybe a frisbee.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3923
    Since you ask @therose789 I run every morning before work. Not a park as my routes vary. I started on Feb 27th 2014 and have lost 3 stones. Started with a couple of K, sometimes I do 10 now. Keep it up mate ;)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I love the gym and exercise in general, but running I despise unless it's chasing a ball of some kind or maybe a frisbee.
    What if you were being chased down by a Somalian Militia or a randy sex offender? Would you enjoy running more then?
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2566
    I have been doing park run for about a year now and love it, i started running a few months before i started going to my first park run and i have found it a great motivator to getting fitter!

Anyone else out there that likes to get up early on saturday morning and leg it round your local park? Which one do you go to? 

My local is Gateshead and I sometimes go to Newcastle (much flatter!)

Been doing the C25k and just about finished week 7. When I'm done I'll be heading for my local park run. I think they are a brilliant motivation to get out there and improve yourself. Can't wait.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom