Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Drugs

What's Hot
Can you get me some? ... No seriously, do they help with playing the guitar / writing melodies / songs, have they in the past if you don't do them now or are they just for listening / dancing to the music?

Or, of course, none of the above
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11934
    I have friends who are GPs, and know a couple of Pharmacists....but no, drugs are bad !!!
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I take drugs everyday. Mind I have a prescription for them. From the Gastro doctor.

They've neer once helped with any of, playing guitar, writing lyrics or melodies.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15635
    if the drugs are helping me then fuck knows how bad I'll be without them!!!

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4611
    edited January 2015
    Please be aware i was talking about mind state altering drugs and not for fricking upset stomachs .. kapeesh?? 

Where's the Tylanol
    VimFuego said:
    if the drugs are helping me then fuck knows how bad I'll be without them!!!

You'd be much better.

The rest of Devon might be screwed though.........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

DesVegas said:
    Please be aware i was talking about mind state altering drugs and not for fricking upset stomachs .. kapeesh?? 

Where's the Tylanol

Crohn's is slightly more than an upset stomach........

For mind altering, get some Morphine.

You won't feel (or do, or remember) anything for days on end.

Best taken under supervision.

• Co-Dydramol made me feel like I was flying around the kitchen.  But this didn't inspire any musical output besides going 'woooo' and then deciding I should lie down.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_l said:
    DesVegas said:

Where's the Tylanol

Crohn's is slightly more than an upset stomach........

For mind altering, get some Morphine.

You won't feel (or do, or remember) anything for days on end.

Best taken under supervision.

I've had morphine and it made me completely unaware of the operation I'd just had, and I phoned up a couple of mates and literally spoke at people for hours that day, one asked if I was high.  Next morning it had clearly worn off and I woke up in bloody agony.

I've only ever had side effects of pain relief when I had a period of bad health... never bothered with deliberately seeking experiences from drugs it doesn't interest me.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

Alcohol's a drug, and I've done some incredibly creative things whilst under it's influence. Conversely, I've done some incredibly stupid things whilst under the influence. On reflection, they've mostly all been stupid, though.

• TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    I find suppositories certainly help my posture when playing standing up.

I believe Chuck Berry used this trick and hence his duck walk was born.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited January 2015
    Our old drummer was a massive studio based drug taker and it helped us massively as he was always too munted to make any kind of creative input.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3674
    edited January 2015
    I had neurosurgery under a very powerful general aesthetic and the night after I had the weirdest and wildest dreams ever. Try that.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    If you ignore the addiction / potential life ruining attributes, at the very start of drug experimentation, it can be extremely creative, heroin cocaine and weed were HUGE in the 20s depression era jazz etc and continued to influence the majority of the music I listen to, and it was wide spread from blues/jazz to rock and thrash all the way through to present day.

Prob is when they started to rely on the drugs and inevitably became physically and psychologically addicted, the drugs took priority over the music so in the end it became counter initiative.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

I've had morphine and it made me completely unaware of the operation I'd just had, and I phoned up a couple of mates and literally spoke at people for hours that day, one asked if I was high.  Next morning it had clearly worn off and I woke up in bloody agony.

I've only ever had side effects of pain relief when I had a period of bad health... never bothered with deliberately seeking experiences from drugs it doesn't interest me.

Exactly. I had Morphine on an intraveinous pump, which only allowed 1ml every 5 minutes.

I don't remember too much from 3 days of that....

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    I find you just think what you're creating at the time is great, listening back sober generally turns out it was just a load of crap....Saying that I don't smoke weed anymore, I would pity anyone who had to listen to any of my stoned repetitive jams from the old days, although enjoyable to those taking part....

Treating booze as a drug, it can loosen me up a bit and can enjoy a beer or 2 while writing/jamming....which can throw up some good ideas.

Couldn't imagine playing the guitar off my tits on any Class A drugs though.....

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    If you need them to create, then you shouldn't be creating.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4611
    So i'll take 2 bags of morphine and a pallet of grass please .. 

My personal experience is that grass good for messing around at home, and good for playing live but terrible for rehearsal.  I certainly don't smoke it as much as my youth but it's nice to keep your headband elasticated every now and then.  And there are sure as hell better things to do than play guitar when you are on class A's @lloyd :)

@mike_l didn't mean to offend my friend and hope i did not.

edited January 2015

@DesVegas

No offence taken fella.

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2933

I find a couple of joints sometimes gives me a bit of inspiration, but I don't generally struggle for it when I'm straight so it's not really a massive aid.

When I used to dabble in class A's, playing guitar was nigh on impossible when off my nut. And usually the last thing I wanted to do.