SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB feeler them feels etc. digital SLR camera

What's Hot
littlethoughtslittlethoughts Frets: 639
edited January 2015 in Misc £
The missus and I would quite like to get a starter digital SLR. Is anyone looking to upgrade their current kit, changing brands or something? Video capabilities highly preferable as well. Looking to spend less than £200 to get started!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2092
    Not getting rid...but I did get a Nikon D3100 a few years back, still a good camera now, just wish I had got the 200mm or 300mm lens.

need more distance man !

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12424
    Check out MPB photographic if you don't get any results on here. His prices for used gear are pretty good and you get a warranty too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1783
    I've got a Canon 350D which I was using up until the end of last year. It was my first dslr and has served me well over the last 4 years if you're interested. The technology isnt bang up to date but it would be a good way of finding out if you can actually be bothered with carrying and using a dslr instead of a compact.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4732
    Whats your budget?  I have a Canon 7D which I am no longer using and several lenses.  The 7D is a brilliant camera - fully auto and several other modes to full manual.  Not an obvious beginners camera but not one that you would need to replace either. pm me for more info.

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11636
    tFB Trader
    I recently upgraded from my muchloved Sony Alpha A580 to a Nikon D800E, so I have the Sony and a whole ton of Sony and Minolta (Sony is compatable with the Minolta lenses as they bought out Minolta's camera division effectively)

I also have an older Minolta Dynax 7D which cost me £1300 about 10 years ago which is a great full featured camera but lacks the megapixels. Sadly that will only get me beer money now.

My stuff is allin A1 condition as I use it indoors for studio photography - all the pics I took prior to  a year ago were on the Sony and I loved it but the jump to 36Mpx with the Nikon was too tempting.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• littlethoughtslittlethoughts Frets: 639
    edited January 2015
    rlw said:
    Whats your budget?  I have a Canon 7D which I am no longer using and several lenses.  The 7D is a brilliant camera - fully auto and several other modes to full manual.  Not an obvious beginners camera but not one that you would need to replace either. pm me for more info.

Looking at used prices I think that might be a bit much for us! I was thinking certainly less than £200 and ideally around the £100 mark for older kit, because for not much more than £200 there are some new cameras (EOS 1200D for example) that seem pretty well rated. We're more after something to learn on, on a budget.

I recently upgraded from my muchloved Sony Alpha A580 to a Nikon D800E, so I have the Sony and a whole ton of Sony and Minolta (Sony is compatable with the Minolta lenses as they bought out Minolta's camera division effectively)

I also have an older Minolta Dynax 7D which cost me £1300 about 10 years ago which is a great full featured camera but lacks the megapixels. Sadly that will only get me beer money now.

My stuff is allin A1 condition as I use it indoors for studio photography - all the pics I took prior to  a year ago were on the Sony and I loved it but the jump to 36Mpx with the Nikon was too tempting.
    Again, I think the Sony might be a bit much for a starter camera (although no doubt it's a great bit of kit). However, would you be able to PM me the details for the Dynax? (price, what kit it comes with etc.).
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4732

The 7D is a bit more complicated and a bit more expensive too - as I said, not an obvious beginners camera.  Good luck with your search.  Have you tried the various photography sites btw?  There are many bargains to be had there.

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12424
    ^ There are some genuine bargains on the Talk Photography forum. Strumjoughlamps and I are both members over there. You have to jump through several hoops to get access to the classifieds though, x number of posts and x weeks membership.... Can't remember the exact details.
  • boogieman said:
    ^ There are some genuine bargains on the Talk Photography forum. Strumjoughlamps and I are both members over there. You have to jump through several hoops to get access to the classifieds though, x number of posts and x weeks membership.... Can't remember the exact details.
    Thanks man, I'll check it out.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11975
    I recommend the Canon range

with any range, bear in mind the problem with small sensors: wide angle lenses cost dramatically more than for full size sensors
  • I might be tempted to move my compact Olympus Pen EPM-1 on? It's with a twin lens kit (14-42mm, and 40-150mm), of any interest? It's pretty much unused!
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1783
    boogieman said:
    Me too, that's how I ended up here!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • boogieman said:
    Thanks man, I'll check it out.
    yeah defo do that.. I am currently selling a bargain Olympus EPL5 bundle for around £450, camera is mint only taken 150 shots with 23 months warranty, Oly 45mm 1.8 lens, Oly 9mm fisheye bodycap lens, Oly 14-42 lens, Oly 40-150 lens, Lensbaby Tilt Transformer lens).. its a great system