SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted: Matchless cab

jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2479
edited January 2015 in Amps £
Hi! Has anyone got a Matchless cab they would sell? Would love a matching cab for my Clubman head but new prices are out of reach. 1x12 or 2x12. Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12256
    they cost a lot

look for Badcat ones, which are usually cheaper
  • They do sound great though!
  • Yes, I'm after a Matchless one really.. Even if a bad cat was identical in sound it still wouldn't be a proper set and I'm a bit ocd like that!
  • I have a black 1x12 with the G12H30 speaker that I may sell (I just prefer my Suhr closed back with my Lightning for some reason!). Price wise I'd ask £400, new price is £599 and this one is in great condition. It's located in Bath and is a heavy b*gger so not sure what shipping would be! All the best, Stuart
  • Cheers Stuart, PM'd!
  • Hi Jimmy... Not a really helpful post but bleep an eye on TGP... I picked up a beautiful silver sparkle 1x12 loaded matchless combo shell over there a few years ago... The price is offset by the postage though.... Makes my chieftain a different beast! Godd luck with the hunt..I'll keep my eyes peeled..
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • Hi Jimmy... Not a really helpful post but bleep an eye on TGP... I picked up a beautiful silver sparkle 1x12 loaded matchless combo shell over there a few years ago... The price is offset by the postage though.... Makes my chieftain a different beast! Godd luck with the hunt..I'll keep my eyes peeled..

thanks @Aidanspaghetti I'll do that! I hear tomorrow about Stuart's one so hopefully sorted though.
  • The search has resumed, still looking!
  • @rocktrout used to have (has) a 4x10 cab.... Might be worth a pm! Gent to deal with also btw....
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • Think I'm sorted now, I'm buying this http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1527361&highlight=Matchless
    Thanks to @Aidanspaghetti for the Gear Page suggestion! Looking forward to turning my Clubman head into a combo! (My back probably won't thank me)....
  • Great stuff... It's well worth it... My chieftain is quite a different beast in the 1x12... I'll pm ya some before and after pics.....
  • Aidanspaghetti;490290" said:
    Great stuff...

It's well worth it... My chieftain is quite a different beast in the 1x12... I'll pm ya some before and after pics.....
    Yes please do, it would be cool to see yours! Looking forward to getting it, I much prefer a combo for live use.