NMD (new mug day)

What's Hot
dindudedindude Frets: 8539
This is how the 39 year old me rebels against matching John Lewis mugs. Yeeeaahhhh!

And if "she" doesn't like it then I'll smash it to smithereens in a Townsend style rage, yeeeaahhh (although I'd probably do it in the garden as the pieces will go EVERYWHERE).

The 17 year old me would be so proud.
4reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    You have to smash it now ....

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

I was going to get some made in bold red writing on white mugs up via a seller on Ebay as they are only a few quid and only need 6.  I wanted 'Pervert', 'Wanker', 'Arsehole' and a load of other ruder things on  each one of them, you know, so they matched and looked like a collective.  Just thought it would be funny offering people a cup of tea, especially the BT man.

I take it you got that printed then?

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Brilliant !

If you're going to smash it in a rage, you have to windmill it first and then just let go of it in front of her, screaming "Yeaaaaahhhhhhh"

:)
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    Sambostar said:

Ha, nothing of the sort. T'was in HMV Oxford Street for the first time in a long time today and they have a series of mugs designed to appeal to 39 year olds. The Dark Side of the Moon one was pretty cool too.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Mugs are my guilty secret. Really. No idea why. I 'have them away' from all over. Rehearsal rooms, partnership agencies, the Mrs work, caravan sites, race tracks, other countries, novelty displays, meetings, hotels. Any mug like utility that has summat printed on it.

I'm off to hide 'em before the Rozzers show up.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • i have this beauty myself (got it for a christmas present some years ago).  image
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

i have this beauty myself (got it for a christmas present some years ago).  image
    If you're randomly leaving it in Newcastle at any point, give me a heads up fella. I'll have it.
  • jd0272 said:
    i have this beauty myself (got it for a christmas present some years ago).  image
    If you're randomly leaving it in Newcastle at any point, give me a heads up fella. I'll have it.
    will do  :P
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15980
    Sambostar said:

I was going to get some made in bold red writing on white mugs up via a seller on Ebay as they are only a few quid and only need 6.  I wanted 'Pervert', 'Wanker', 'Arsehole' and a load of other ruder things on  each one of them, you know, so they matched and looked like a collective.  Just thought it would be funny offering people a cup of tea, especially the BT man.

oh I'd be reluctant tae offer any of your guests one of those mugs........."Sambers Dear,i've got yours...."
    tae be or not tae be
    Yep, that's the one. i guess if you bought the who, floyd, the bowie one, the stones one and the Nirvana one you would in effect have a matching set. I'll put it to the wife.
    I got a Dolly Parton mug for xmas.....well it's actually TWO mugs
    tae be or not tae be
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The acquisition of a cool new mug makes me too happy for it to actually be healthy.  From Mr Men to music, I can't resist and awesome new mug.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Are any husbands here not scared of their wives?
    My V key is broken
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited January 2015
    holnrew said:
    I'm not scared of my wife in the slightest.  She's 5'3" and I'm 6'4", I could so easily take her in a fight..... failing that I could outrun her.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    edited January 2015
    ^  I was wearin, my new xmas tammy today because of the snow'n shit and I was wonderin' if any of you guys had to pass the tammy adjustment officer  before being allowed tae leave the fuckin' house?
    tae be or not tae be
    holnrew said:
    I don't think you read my sarcasm very well. But yes, scared shitless me.
  • holnrew said:

my wife? Sure. Haven't seen her in 6 years since the divorce, mind.

holnrew said:
    I'm quite happy to be scared of my Mrs. keeps me in my place and on my toes.

Your turn will come.
  • My favourite mug is one I got given by some people I was working with for a month out in North Carolina, its just tourist thing  with a graphic depicting the various landmarks in the area but it's really thick china, with a heavy bottoom so it's got real heft and also seems to keep the tea warm for ages.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • many jobs ago, a bloke in User Liason had a huge mug with RTFM written on it. He kept it at the front of his desk :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself