WTT for a mandolin

What's Hot
VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15769

guess this is a feeler, but I'm in the mood for a mandolin and was wondering if anyone had anything. Don't have much cash, so was looking to trade a couple of things. Got a s/b 60's strat with (I believe) texas specials in it (lovely instrument, bought from Lewy occasional of this parish), trade value of I guess £350 or thereabouts (tell me if I'm off the mark), or an upgraded Laney LC15R (can't recall the upgrade exactly, it's one of the kits from Watford valves, sure I can out) guess trade value of about £80 or a spruce topped and R/W b&S classical (think the back is solid, but the sides laminate) classical guitar (brand name Luthier, can't find much about them), I paid £450 for it about 10 years ago, but that was London prices, so probably paid over the odds, would probably be looking for about £200 trade. Both guitars come with hard cases (for the strat) or a rigid gig bag (for the nylon).

Will put up pics (after I take them) if there's any interest.

I'm in NW Devon, but would be happy to drive to Bristol for an exchange etc.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2950
    I've got a perfectly playable Skylark mando sitting around doing nothing you can have for the price of postage. It's one of three mandolins I've got, and it's not worth the effort of selling, despite being a bit better than the plethora of shitty beginner mandos out there.

Let me know if you you fancy it.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15769
    that is extraordinarily generous of you, I will take you up on that offer (if I decide to upgrade it I can either post it back or donate it to the forum or a musical charity). PM inbound.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2950
    If you decide to upgrade, donate it elsewhere and post photos of your new mando; the forum needs more mando threads :D
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15769
    will do, the folk orchestra I'm on also run sessions for disadvantaged kids, those with learning difficulties etc. and they often need cheap instruments, so it'll go to a good home.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom