Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nearly Haggis Time

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ESchapESchap Frets: 1428

We usually buy up all the leftovers from the supermarket and eat it all year.

Have you got Scottish genes?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I had a great breakfast this morning. No haggis, but:

Beans, toast, hash brown, tattie scone, 2 black pudding, bacon, lorne sausage. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    ESchap said:

We usually buy up all the leftovers from the supermarket and eat it all year.

Have you got Scottish genes?

Not that I know of. 

I did work in Glasgow for a couple of years and got used to eating it with my fried breakfast in the hotel.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I got a veggie haggis today. Looking forward to having it with some roasties.
    My V key is broken
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5737
    These pies are the business! I get them in Aldi and always have a stock of them in my freezer!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NomadNomad Frets: 549

We have a canteen at work. My standard brekkie is a granary roll, two slices of bacon, a wodge of haggis and a sausage. If I'm feeling a bit peckish, two sausages. All helped down with a fresh-ground mocha coffee.

Yum, fucking, yum.

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    I'd never eat anything that contains lungs.

• I reckon if as part of the independence package Salmond had promised to drop the pretence to the rest of Britain that Scottish people actively enjoy haggis then he would have won be a landslide.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16475

haggis (well, and the rain and the midges) is the reason more scots live outside of Scotland*

made up statistic, may not be true.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    I'd never eat anything that contains lungs.
    Not everything that breathes, smokes. You may just get that impression from living in Margate.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Nomad said:

We have a canteen at work. My standard brekkie is a granary roll, two slices of bacon, a wodge of haggis and a sausage. If I'm feeling a bit peckish, two sausages. All helped down with a fresh-ground mocha coffee.

Yum, fucking, yum.

Good call on having granary bread with it - much healthier than white bread.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I LOVE the stuff and it's one of the few examples of the veggie version tasting as good as the meaty one (if you find the offal awful).

A cooked breakfast isn't complete without haggis.
    Living in Edinburgh, I have limitless options for consuming it in restaurants: Pub: Haggis fritters? Yum. Mexican: Haggis burritos? Awesome. Indian: Haggis Samosas? Delicious! 
    THIS is my guilty pleasure though- Italian: second one down, haggis pizza:
    My three year old adores it too- they serve it at nursery regularly & she wolfs it down.

• I had a great breakfast this morning. No haggis, but:

Beans, toast, hash brown, tattie scone, 2 black pudding, bacon, lorne sausage. 
    Lorne sausage is ace.When I lived in Edinburgh we always used to pick some up from the co-op after a night out at opium.

Anyone know if you can actually get them down south?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Just had to Google Lorne sausage.. does it differ much from regular sausage, other than the shape?

• NomadNomad Frets: 549
    Just had to Google Lorne sausage.. does it differ much from regular sausage, other than the shape?
    Quite a different taste, which could be due to a proportion of beef in it. It also cooks a bit differently due to the shape.

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16667
    wave100 said:
    Mcsweens veggie haggis ftw

I'm a fan too. Less impressed with the Tesco shopping online app which said this was out of stock so would I like some ( regular) black pudding instead? :(
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Nomad said:
    Just had to Google Lorne sausage.. does it differ much from regular sausage, other than the shape?
    Quite a different taste, which could be due to a proportion of beef in it. It also cooks a bit differently due to the shape.

I want some!