SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Acoustic soundhole pickup

Anyone got one that they're not using?  It's for a 00 sized acoustic so the soundhole is slightly smaller than average (3 3/4"). 

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    I have one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/SHADOW-141-soundhole-Including-installation/dp/B00829H9NW

Great sounding active pickup.

Will take a couple of pics later if you like. Bought it to put in the spare guitar, installed it then never used it... Still have the box, spare cable and everything.

£50 posted?
    tFB Trader
    Forgot to say, mine is in a small parlour acoustic, so it will fit yours fine. :-)
  • surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 133
    Hiya,
    Really appreciate you getting in touch!! Right, i willget the technicl details tommorow morning just to be 100% sure it will fit as this is an 0 size guitar with a fairly small soundhole. I'd also like to read a bit about this pickup as i've not come across it before.
    I'll get back to you in the morning!
    Cheers
    Guy
    edited January 2015 tFB Trader
    No problem, any measurements you need juat let me know. There's not much on the web about it as they are german made and marketed there mostly. Here's a youtube video though:

FWIW I think it sounds great, good sparkle and bass punch, much nicer than the passive soundhole pickups I've used in the past. Plus it has no hum as it's active.
    tFB Trader
    Just checked, the sound hole on my guitar is 3 and 3/4 inch so it will fit yours perfectly.
    edited January 2015
    Hiya

Thanks for the link, you're right. there's little or no info about these pickups out there.  I think Shadow has always been a bit of a German concern and they are far more widely used in mainland Europe than in the UK.

I'm going to hag on until wednesday this week before making a decision as there is a SE G10 on ebay at the moment and it may go for silly money (although I doubt it!) and although it's cumbersome it is easy to mount/demount and the sound quality is just incredible.  Is it OK if I get back to you wednesday?

Cheers

tFB Trader
    Yep, no rush mate :)
  • SRichSRich Frets: 763
    I have a SD Woody SA-3XL Noise Cancelling Humbucker which I have never used as I don't have an acoustic amp....I am not sure about the sound hole size but it seems to adjust. Best to have a look online.

£30 to you PPG.

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    SRich said:
    I have a SD Woody SA-3XL Noise Cancelling Humbucker which I have never used as I don't have an acoustic amp....I am not sure about the sound hole size but it seems to adjust. Best to have a look online.

£30 to you PPG.

PM'd