NGD

Tone71Tone71 Frets: 632
edited January 2015 in Acoustics
So there I was happily playing what I had and not gassing for anything and then the bloody 12 string thread pops up!

Now I have never owned or played a 12 string, I once looked at one in Guitar Guitar but that`s it, so off I plod to the bay and low and behold there is a Vintage V400 that was local(ish) and looked fine, offer made and excepted and today after a drive to the coast and back I now have this:

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af349/Tone71/20150117_154204_zpsb88fd395.jpg

Stripped cleaned and restrung, it sounds pretty bloody good and Im looking forward to playing non stop Bowie for the rest of day!

I an though still fighting with the tuning (DFCFAD) but think a lot is to do with new strings and the dropped tuning.

So could now do with some good 12 string suggestions to learn etc.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    I used to have one of those. Great guitar. Mine stayed in standard tuning, seemed very easy to play and sounded really good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24864
    Tone71;31941" said:
    So could now do with some good 12 string suggestions to learn etc.
    Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd), Free Fallin' (Tom Petty), Heart of The Matter (Don Henley), loads of Beatles songs, Love and Affection (Joan Armatrading).
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Another 12bstring convert! Well done, bloody brilliant guitars as well,
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    I bought the ovation 12 that was in the classifieds here last week. Great guitar and great fun - just need to get the action lowered to a decent level
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 632
    Cheers all,

I had a V400 6 string a couple of years ago and was really impressed so was quite happy to get this, how they (GAK) can sell them for £149 new is incredible.

It is in immaculate condition and has had an new nut and saddle fitted so there isn`t much else that can be done and it sounds superb.

Was just playing with my son with him on the Vintage and I was playing my Taylor (Wish You Were Here rendition of course!) and what great fun, bloody excellent.

Highly recommended, and the best £100 I have spent in ages.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2389
    Nice :D