Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

How capable are you in a crisis?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    When you come down a steep-as-**** hill in the french alps, in a fully loaded Articulated Lorry and your brakes start to glaze and fail, all you've got left is your exhaust brake and gears and you've got your co-drivers life in your hands as well as all those who may be around you, you learn quickly not to panic. Wait until you've got to the bottom and pulled over, then laugh at it and move on. (After someone's come out and towed you somewhere to have your brakes fixed !).

Many things stress me out and frustrate me but when it all goes off and big bad things happen, i laugh at it. The way i see it is it's already happened, getting angry and panicky won't stop it from already having happened so laugh at it.

This does not go down well with women i have found, but then nothing ever does so there's no point getting pissed off at that either !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2112
    I get a lot of this at work, I don't panic and people say " you don't seem bothered! " . That's not the case at all....just because I'm calm doesn't mean I dont undestand the urgency, jumping up and down shows a lack of control, whine is not good in a panic situation.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4909

I had to look for an email this morning that if I hadn't sent would have costed our company about £10k in abortive costs.  Fortunately I had sent it and was totally covered.  I remained cool throughout.

My lad brought his mate home the other day, they are both 6.  His little friend started playing my nylon string guitar, I let him for a minute then lost my cool and grabbed it back off him and said I was putting it away.  I was slighly flustered the way he was pulling the strings and I just can't deal with people touching my stuff.  So like most people it really depends on the situation.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    edited January 2015
    I get pissy and panic.

Then I clear my head, approach things with logic and all is ok.

spark240 said:
    I get a lot of this at work, I don't panic and people say " you don't seem bothered! " . That's not the case at all....just because I'm calm doesn't mean I dont undestand the urgency, jumping up and down shows a lack of control, whine is not good in a panic situation.
    +1

I think sometimes in a working environment people tend to act panicked as a show to the boss that they are indeed bothered by whats going on, whilst they are flapping the cool, calm and collective guy is fixing the issue.

He tends to be the one that goes unnotived in these situations.

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16475
    Alnico said:
    When you come down a steep-as-**** hill in the french alps, in a fully loaded Articulated Lorry and your brakes start to glaze and fail, all you've got left is your exhaust brake and gears and you've got your co-drivers life in your hands as well as all those who may be around you, you learn quickly not to panic. Wait until you've got to the bottom and pulled over, then laugh at it and move on. (After someone's come out and towed you somewhere to have your brakes fixed !).

Many things stress me out and frustrate me but when it all goes off and big bad things happen, i laugh at it. The way i see it is it's already happened, getting angry and panicky won't stop it from already having happened so laugh at it.

This does not go down well with women i have found, but then nothing ever does so there's no point getting pissed off at that either !
    pfft, that's nothing. One time I had a report to prepare but run out of staples. That was brown trouser time I can tell you.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited January 2015

I just had a personal hissy fit with myself trying to put my hi fi separates back together, after realising after two hours tinkering and ;pulling it out, then putting it together, it wouldn't fit the way I wanted it stacked.  I then found a flea inside the door where the mouse hangs out and I have no pets and together with the dust and washing that needs doing it caused me to have a major meltdown, or at least get irritable.  And I need another pack of fags but I want a drink.  Yeah, I got a new aerial fixed on the tuner, but big deal.

Yeah, it's definitely the small things that get to me.  Dust especially.  I may even murder someone over dust.  But then, whilst they are bleeding to death I'd come into my element again trying to patch their artery back together with an old straw, but then I'd notice some more dust and probably decapitate them.

And why is it, with  modern paint, when you wipe a spot on the walls, the paint comes off?  Newly decorated the place but the pitch walls means I keep banging my 6'2" head into them.  Stupid, rubbish modern emulsions just rub off with water and if you paint over them you get a halo.  Crap.  I can't stand for crap.

Days like today get to me too.  Clear sunny days are so rare, we Brits have this ingrained sense that we are wasting the day staying indoors and subconsciously put all this pressure on ourselves to get things done and get outside, even though I'm outside every day, I still get it, it's in my genes.  The usual result is a big, dissapointing let down of a day and feeling damn irritable.

Arseholes.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5110
    edited January 2015
    @Handsome_Chris, the examples I included in the OP are trivial compared to a situation such as your wife or child choking in a restaurant or a life & death situation when someone beside you suffers a heart attack. I tend to be a pessimist when using electronic equipment such as guitar amps etc. I don't gig but I do play with a few friends in their houses. I always have a spare amp in the car and usually bring two guitars. Just in case. If I gigged, I could send a balanced feed from my StroboStomp tuner to the P.A. At least I would be able to add my noises to the mix :)
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum