SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: D*A*M Super Bee 66 Custom Order - SOLD

What's Hot
WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10104
edited January 2015 in FX £
For sale, the brilliant Dam Super Bee 66, a custom order.

Basically its a tweaked MK2 tonebender, voiced to be darker with a lot more bottom end. D*A*M are pretty much the undisputed kings of fuzz, and this isn't an exception, hand matched and tuned germanium (AC125) transistors and super clean build spec. When retailed they sold out before release and seldom come up for sale second hand. 

It responds well to the volume knob and is a pretty roaring pedal, especially with a tele or humbuckers, it thrives on hotter pickups. A hot wound PAF plus this is instant zeppelin and a total riffmaker. 

It comes with the original box and all the papers w/ the hessian sack, and the transistors are a matched paid of AC125.
Lovely condition and velcro free.

There is FREE NEXT DAY FULLY INSURED SPECIAL DELIVERY.

Really open to offers, and trades, as I took this in a trade £222 PPG

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    That is one killer track. The Super Bee is one of my favourite D*A*M pedals by a long way. Good price too, and worth every penny. 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10104
    HUGE price drop - £199
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Now on the 'bay - seriously open to trades and offers
  • £199 is a give away price for a DAM pedal. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12766
    I so want this... but redundancy looms. Must be sensible.

Good luck with the sale.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• breadfanbreadfan Frets: 383
    @Wazmeister Put it on the DAM forum - it'll be gone within an hour!

@breadfan - thanks for the idea there mate !
    Sold - subject to...
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    edited January 2015
    The temptation has gone, I can return to window shopping in the classifieds again ;)
    @nickb_boy - You missed nothing mate - what an average pedal it was, and im being kind, imho...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    Wazmeister;486614" said:
    @nickb_boy - You missed nothing mate - what an average pedal it was, and im being kind, imho...
    Never owned a DAM so was intrigued to find out if the hype and pricetag were justified.

Really appreciate your honesty man! Just hope it sold on the DAM forum and not here though ;)
    It's going to Canada, would you believe !
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    You being sarcastic there warren or did you really not like it?
    Andy,

I thought it was cack... seriously. I'm not a fuzz fan though mate, apart from Analogman Sunface, VL Effects Jimi and the all consuming brilliant PTDs.

It must be me...
    Heathen! To be fair it's VERY different to the fuzzes you mentioned and it's very fussy. It doesn't like fender style amps and needs the mid hump of a Marshall to really thrive. FWIW the super bee is my third favourite DAM, I really rate them!
    Hymnal said:
    Heathen! To be fair it's VERY different to the fuzzes you mentioned and it's very fussy. It doesn't like fender style amps and needs the mid hump of a Marshall to really thrive. FWIW the super bee is my third favourite DAM, I really rate them!
    Ah, you see - I bow to the master !

To be fair, mine was running into a Carr Rambler, and you couldn't get more Fendery.
    I can see why you'd think it. There were times I'd plug mine in and absolutely hate it, and other times it was incredible.
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    Fair enough! Bet it lasted 30 seconds on the dam forum, Americans and Canadians are nuts for them!