John Mayer- well that serves you right for owning a Dumble, eh?

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 31591
edited January 2015 in Off Topic

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• All that money for an amp. Bonkers. 

Still though, that's unfortunate for him. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Indeed. Regardless of your personal finances, being stiffed like that must really hack you off.
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Ouch.

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Ha! :))
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • He got screwed on some high end watches not too long ago as well
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 25006
    Maverick Music were advertising the Peter Green/Gary Moore Les Paul when it was first sold by Moore. The guy is from Yorkshire originally IIRC and was very 'slippery' at the time about whether he actually owned the guitar or not. Whatever his connection with it was - he was advertising it on his website for $2,000,000.

As it's been sold, perhaps now was a good time to declare bancruptcy - though of course unless the money obtained for any of these items has been stashed somewhere invisible to his creditors, presumably the guy is actually skint....
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2774
    Ouch!     

Cases like this are sad for everyone involved - looks like a few other musicians lost out on their money as well :(

Lixarto said:
    Am I missing something? I would hope no musician would laugh at another losing out in this way regardless of their personal situation or style/ability.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    "Every note is clear." Last thing I need.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • "Every note is clear." Last thing I need.
    Fat toanz.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1820
    Anybody else think it's weird that a musician with that much money would sell such cool equipment? I mean which guitarist wouldn't want one of SRV's strats hanging on their wall?!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    edited January 2015
    richardhomer;483430" said:
    Maverick Music were advertising the Peter Green/Gary Moore Les Paul when it was first sold by Moore. The guy is from Yorkshire originally IIRC and was very 'slippery' at the time about whether he actually owned the guitar or not. Whatever his connection with it was - he was advertising it on his website for $2,000,000.

As it's been sold, perhaps now was a good time to declare bancruptcy - though of course unless the money obtained for any of these items has been stashed somewhere invisible to his creditors, presumably the guy is actually skint....
    I think he's the bloke that got involved in an epic back and forth on the Les Paul Forum over the PG/ GM LP.

Suspect that given Mayer's self-confessed onanistic tendencies, he is furiously wanking away in a depressive state as we speak.
  • BigMonka said:
    Anybody else think it's weird that a musician with that much money would sell such cool equipment? I mean which guitarist wouldn't want one of SRV's strats hanging on their wall?!
    Maybe his money is tied up in his possessions? 

Or maybe the dumble is a shite amp and he wants to replace it, palming it off onto some poor chump who spends too much time on tgp. ;)
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8630

Lixarto said:
    Am I missing something? I would hope no musician would laugh at another losing out in this way regardless of their personal situation or style/ability.
    +1 what a weird thing to write.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    edited January 2015
    "Every note is clear." Last thing I need.
    Fat toanz.
    Fat bastard, to be clear.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    dindude said:

Lixarto said:
    +1 what a weird thing to write.
    I thought so too ;)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3413
    Damn unlucky and unfair regardless of musician or financial status. It's tantamount to being stolen and I'm sure most of us wouldn't like to hear about something like that happening to another musician.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5110
    John_P said:
    Ouch!     

Cases like this are sad for everyone involved - looks like a few other musicians lost out on their money as well :(

Lixarto said:

Well said my friend. Castration is the only way to stop these scammers and the sooner the better....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    This is why we can't have nice things!

• littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom