Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Yaaaaaaayyyy!!!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1073
    edited January 2015
    My mate did a cool thing with his son when he got his first proper job whilst living at home. He took a small amount off him under the auspices of covering rent/food/bills. His son was really pissed off about it… until a few years later when he wanted a mortgage. His dad had been putting the money into a savings account for him to this end :-)

Just a thought ;-)

Congratulations!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    When I was a student my dad paid for various things as a 'loan' such as my car insurance. When I qualified and got my first job my father gave me an itemised bill for about £2K. I had no idea that was coming... :( Eric Jr has earned some money on his apprenticeship but it gets spent pretty to much the last penny, some sort of savings scheme may not be a bad thing to encourage him to do. :)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • congratulations to him  :)
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @EricTheWeary - An itemised bill?! Truly hilarious/evil :-)
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    My father took early retirement when I was about 16, so by the time I did my degree and post grad I think he had a lot of time on his hands. He set up my eldest brother's old bedroom as a study and had drawers full of bills and shelves of books on playing bridge. He did, however, pay for me to go with him to California when I qualified so he wasn't quite as mean as I might have made him sound!
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    EricTheFlush!

Now buy my Tele...

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3594
    In terms of savings, perhaps a life policy to mature in 25 years. You start it and hand it to him on his 21st. It will be very nice when it matures and he has the benefit of/from you even if you are no longer around.

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I'd feel bad lying to my kid, even if it is for a good cause. See also: my thread about Santa
    My V key is broken
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4987
    Congrats Eric Jnr. Well done young man.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum