Amazon Marketplace issues

What's Hot
Reminded by something on this forum, I decided to extend my Buckethead CD collection

I ordered a few from marketplace, using buy with 1 click over half an hour
at the end, checked my orders, and 5 were with one USA firm, who, although charging full postage per item, had it down as "one order"
I have so far sent them about 10 messages saying "please send them separately, otherwise I will be charged an extra 50% in VAT and fees"
all I have back from them is replies like 
"Thanks so much for placeing your order with us."
and
"Thank you for contacting us.

Note please:

We reply to all our daily 800 orders as they arrive  arrival.

Note that these items are not placed separately!

Items belonging to the same Order Number will ship together.

Thre is and will not be Any added charges for customs to UK customers

This has no relevans to items placed in one order number: order I bought these by clicking on them separately using "buy with one click"

and after I gave up and asked them to cancel, it was still showing as "preparing the order", but I got:
"I'm very sorry, I attempted to cancel your order but it has already progressed too far in the shipping process. There is no way for me to prevent it from shipping out to you. I am sorry for the inconvenience.
Shall I expect it returned to us?"

all the names of the senders sound English, but I'm guessing they have offshored this somewhere

I think next time I will send one order per day when I order from outside the EU

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    hmmmm is there anything in their t&cs? Try and mail/complain to amazon and explain, maybe get a reduction in cost/part refund if your lucky.

If you weren't aware at first about the location, maybe you have a point.  Plus they are sending together but adding postage, hardly seems fair.

You might get lucky with customs, but it's a pretty one for sure

Side note, Buckethead = Wisdom.  Pike 65 is a heartbreaker, but well worth a listen!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    ordering 1 by 1 and checking out each time - it would be reasonable.

All CDs ordered in one checkout - unreasonable

Some Marketplace US / Mexico CD dealers are good - always had good service from Caiman.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11953
    this one is "all your music"

I've complained to Amazon, will have to wait and see. I'm not sure whether I should just refuse delivery if the postie charges me

I bought these one at a time using "one click", so not impressed about them being aggregated into one order, with no postage discount 
    Don't think you've grounds to be that irked tbh. You've contracted to pay full postage for each item .....

Clever them for cutting their costs ;)

Feedback
    but aside from not offering postal discount - which I didn't want anyway,  I will pay £60 for an order that should have been £40, since any parcel over £15 gets charged full VAT plus a rip off fee from the post office
    you do have a point with that

Feedback
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited January 2015

I don't know how Amazon UK works.  I ordered three CD;s from New Zealand.  Advertised as from UK and listed in £'s.  I got no customs charges.  They must have a special arrangement with Customs or ship through Luxembourg.  I have no idea, but I've never copped any fees if it's listed as £'s on Amazon UK.  Amazon com yes, but Amazon UK no.

Anyway Amazon is evil.

Oh I didn't know they were coming from NZ until I completed my order.

I seriously don't think you will cop a charge.  Amazon own the government.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    I bought these one at a time using "one click", so not impressed about them being aggregated into one order, with no postage discount 
    Not wishing to add to your pain but ... I'm pretty sure when you do a one-click order, it says that if you buy something else within the next hour(? 90mins? 30 mins? I can't remember exactly) that it will be added to the same order. For most people that's convenient since it might save in postage.

mart said:
    Not wishing to add to your pain but ... I'm pretty sure when you do a one-click order, it says that if you buy something else within the next hour(? 90mins? 30 mins? I can't remember exactly) that it will be added to the same order. For most people that's convenient since it might save in postage.
    Yeah, but he didn't.

Feedback
    Well the end result was the CDs all came in the same package, with UK postage and return address, so a good result for me

AFAIK Either these guys have cut a deal with HMRC on the pretext that items were ordered separately, and are importing the stuff here by the crateful, then paying postage here

Or they haven't got permission
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Amazon have the government's blessing or the goods were listed in £'s with the VAT and Duty added already?
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    amazon marketplace this was from
    no mention of vat or duty anywhere