Comments

• d8md8m Frets: 2434

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Very good but still ain't seen no pic @d8m
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12400
    edited January 2015
    If you like this sort of stuff which I guess would be termed as "outsider music" then you should check out Irwin Chusid's book "songs in the key of Z" It explores many self financed artists producing stuff that they have utter conviction in and makes for genuinely interesting listening indeed.

Songs in the Key of Z: The Curious Universe of Outsider Music by Irwin Chusid

"OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @jonnyburgo I will def check that out, even tho I put the first one up in jest, I love different t/unique music, considering 2 if my favourite bands are primus and gong, I will def check that album out.
    I just realised it has Beefheart and Syd Barrett on there, good god geniuses!
    Massive Beefheart fan here @Mrchi It's a great book and I think there are a few albums off the back of it.

Chusid has a show on http://wfmu.org/ a radio station completely dedicated to the weird and wonderful. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    edited January 2015
    I shall definately @jonnyburgo look into it m8, safe as milk was a turning point in my life! It really was and of course the Syd Barrett pink floyd era... God makes me smile just thinking about it,
  • I don't buy the concept of outsider music. It's not like the art world at all, there are no real barriers to entry at all even a the very highest levels if commercial success.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    I saw Gong in Manchester in about 92, scrounged a can of Guiness off Daevid Allen backstage, had a chat with him and Jilly Smith and a squawk on Didier Malherbe's sax, I was very, very drunk.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Excellent Russian boy band here, complete with bad dentistry, bad jumpers and hilariously inept dancing.They are all genuinely creepy looking especially the 7ft tall zombie one in the blue jumper. There is so much wrong about this video.

"OUR TOSSPOT"
    edited January 2015
    @jonnyburgo What a story! Aah the pot head pixies, I tried to see them early 2000s but the gig was cancelled due to illness, I was gutted, the album YOU to me is the definitive gong! It really takes you on a journey, their ability to create such soundscapes is unrivalled.
  • 1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12390
    Can't seem to post links via my mobile , but check out Jan Terri's YouTube stuff. Awesome.