Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Archery .. wow

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited January 2015

Apparently ancient Celts used to behead their enemies and wear their heads on their belts. 

I am good at axe throwing, a natural, I was at a German winter thing in some remote very east German only place in the country where I didn't hear any other language spoken, amidst the smell of mulled wine and wild boar being slowly roasted on spits and medieval dress, all the native regional Germans were having a go at axe throwing and the axes were bouncing off the 6' target board. Pussies.

In walks this Celtic geezer with long ginger hair past his shoulders that sticks out like an albino Zulu with an Essex accent.  Getting bemused looks from the locals like he is some sort of ethnic inferior, he signals to the main man handling the axes that he is up for a go.  I kid you not, with no effort at all, I threw all three axes and everyone made the bullseye and stuck in there hard.  Walked away and they were all open mouthed.  Bloody Germans.

4-2 you crap Jerry Axe throwers.  Think you are genetically superior Arian warriors do yer?  Do yer.  Do yer?  Well come on then.  You pussy motherfuckers.  I'II teach you to outlaw ginger breeding you pussy motherfuckers.  I'I stick an axe in yer head.

Pussies.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    An axe.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Really impressed with the archer but the narration was bollocks in places. There have been so many different styles of archery through the years some of which totally contradict the points he made.

The English long bow was effective at long range against most forces but when full plate became more commonplace amongst professional armies the killing zone was very close range. You couldn't penetrate full plate from very far out.

I've always been impressed with Japanese horse archers. Their ability to stay so still standing in the stirrups while firing the bow must be incredibly difficult.
    Maybe they had Appaloosa's.  Did not Genghis have Appaloosas?
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15594
    Gassage said:
    This guy has nothing on Jeremy Renner in The Avengers.

Amatuers...
    what a ridiculous thing to say. Hawkeye is a super hero, clearly he's gonna be better than a normal human, it's a totally unfair comparison.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 993
    Brilliant! Cheers for sharing
  • wow!  :-O
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90