Gramma Pads

Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
If a Gramma Pad can stop your bass cab from booming into a wooden stage or a non-solid floor, would it also be capable of stopping your cab from rattling your valves if you put one between the head and the cab?
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4297
    I have one and they are not 100% solid, so might make things unstable if placed in between. Also, they are not just a flat surface on the underside. There is a channel down the middle with different sort of foam if I remember correctly. So that might be an issue.

And it won't be the right size to put between head and cab, so would stick out quite a way all round.

Plus, I am not convinced it would remove the possibility of valves rattling. If the volume is sufficient i am sure it would still happen.

In summary, I don't think this would be a very good idea.
  • @CloudNine fanx mate, you may have saved me some money :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Is it the outside or inside of the valves that are rattling? Some of my EL34s seem to rattle despite being very securely held and cushioned. Just a thought. Agree the Gramma won't work in the middle. I have one for a combo but I would be less happy with a head/cab or stack on a single one. Just an observation.
  • Methinketh it's the insides of the valves that rattle at certain frequencies. The tinkly sound comes through the speakers more with some notes than others. Putting the head on the floor next to the cab makes the problem go away at the expense of not being able to reach the controls easily and of requiring a longer speaker lead and more real estate in cramped playing conditions.