Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Reclining seats on planes

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I can live with the seat issue. Screaming sprogs are quite another matter.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I like it when the seat reclines all the way back into a proper bed. That's nice and comfy and I get to wake up for a spot of brekky (with champaign obviously) before landing at Heathrow and being collected by my chauffeur.

Nice.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • If you fly Bulgaria Air then everyone has to recline because all the seats are fucking broken. Worst. Airline. Ever.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Personally I find it more relaxing reclining under the seats, a bit like the people under the stairs but more cuddly.

Failing that find a pneumatic blond (or redhead, mousey whatever) because as the song so wisely says "everybody needs a bosom for a pillow".
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24675
    I can live with the seat issue. Screaming sprogs are quite another matter.
    @chillidoggy

Arggghhh...    that reminds me of a tortuous flight home from Cuba once.  We boarded at Holguin and flew a short hop to Havana to pick up more people.  We found ourselves next to a woman with five kids, all under 10, and one of them (genuinely) had Attention Deficit Disorder.  They kicked off so badly that by time we'd taken off again, half of the plane was begging the stewardesses to move away from them, but there weren't any empty seats by this stage.  Ten and a half hours of screaming, crying, fighting, shouting brats nearly drove me to opening the emergency exit and throwing the fuckers out.  By 4am, Mrs Fab lost it and screamed in the face of the main culprit "WILL YOU SHUT UP!!!!!!!".  It had the desired effect.

I thought the mother was a single parent until we landed in Gatwick and the father appears from the back of the plane, nicely refreshed from his uninterrupted, peaceful sleep.  I stalked them through the arrivals hall trying to work out what I could do to them and get away with.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • If your sitting in front of me then I have bad news for you if you try and recline my knees will probably push you into a more upright position than what yo started with not cus I'm a grumpy bastard but because I'm 6'4 and my knees are already in your back
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    If your sitting in front of me then I have bad news for you if you try and recline my knees will probably push you into a more upright position than what yo started with not cus I'm a grumpy bastard but because I'm 6'4 and my knees are already in your back
    Ditto. And when they try and recline and push back, god it hurts.
    My V key is broken
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    edited October 2013
    I find the ideal solution is a nice relaxing stroll around the Promenade deck. Under the stars, arm-in-arm with my best girl as we watch the boiling wake disappearing into the distance.

Talking of Royal Air Maroc, I flew to Tangiers with them about 20 years ago, and apart from the pilot almost putting us down on the beach before going around again, I was very surprised the the smoking/ non-smoking sections were located on either side of the cabin!
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    And people sitting near you who smell of seriously bad BO when you have a long flight ahead need to be thrown out at 37,541 feet. Or somewhere within fatal throwing-out height.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15860
    holnrew said:
    If your sitting in front of me then I have bad news for you if you try and recline my knees will probably push you into a more upright position than what yo started with not cus I'm a grumpy bastard but because I'm 6'4 and my knees are already in your back
    Ditto. And when they try and recline and push back, god it hurts.

and yet if you attempt to take a knife or machete onto a plane to prevent this sort of inconsiderate behaviour, they call you a terrorist and arrest you!!!

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33965
    I'm 6ft 2 and broad shouldered.
    Everything about flying sucks for me- the seats are about the width of my back, which means I spent the entire flight with my shoulders forward OR I encroach into the seat next to me.
    The legroom is 6 inches too short.

After our last trip to Thailand in the summer I told Mrs Oct I'm not flying more than 4 hours in any direction unless we go Business class.

My brother has a worse time- he is 6ft 11 and was over 200kg before the gastric bypass.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15860
    not a frequent flier here, but when I did, I used to request a seat near the emergency exits etc. On a flight back from Oz I was seated near the bogs, which smelt fucking rank but at least I could stretch out my legs.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.