Best tremolo pedals?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Beexter said:
    Liking my Rampant Rabbit a lot.
    Maybe one for off topic?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 618
    Beexter said:
    Liking my Jack Rabbit a lot.

Damn auto-correct!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I used to have a PN-2 but was a bit underwhelmed with it. I have built modified versions of the Kay tremolo ad the Vox Repeat Percussion. They're both nice, if one trick ponies. My favourite (non amp tremolo) so far is the Tremulous Lune. It's pretty versatile and sounds nice.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7823
    ellandroadhero;496463" said:
    I can't go as big as the empress of ehx. No space on my board...
    Then get rid of something else ;) or get. A hummingbird

• dindudedindude Frets: 8561
    Demeter is by far the best I've tried but it is a basic amp like trem so won't get too wacky. In which case I'd go for a Surh Jack Rabbit.
  • I'm fairly convinced I'll go for a hummingbird. Will have to wait another month as I just pulled the trigger on a tc t2 reverb.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tbmtbm Frets: 585
    Moss said:
    For cheap, the Danelectro cool cat trem sounds really cool - the footswitch is awful though
    Put this little yoke in a cooler enclosure and you could charge a fortune for it. Sounds lovely.

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
  • PyromanPyroman Frets: 58
    Gassage said:
    NO NO NO.
    Truly...this is such an easy question....
    Monster FX Swamp Thing

It is droolsome. Honestly.

http://www.monstereffects.com/swamp2.html
      Didn't I see Andy on PGS demo this??   If it's the one I'm thinking of, it touched off a massive GAS attack...
  • PyromanPyroman Frets: 58
    EdGrip said:
    "Need an effect? See if Catalinbread makes one and start from there."

Catalinbread have got three - the Paredolia, which is a BF Vibrato super-tremolo type thing; the Semaphore, which is a 6-knob beast with expression pedal input; and the Valcoder, which is new for NAMM and will take a wee while to make it to the shops - a super-choppy Valco-amp-type tremolo that has caught my eye as a compliment to the trem on my Princeton Reverb for my Tarantino-soundtrack obsession (No Ed, shush. You don't need any more pedals YES I DO ALL THE PEDALS)

DAMMIT!!  Now I want one of those, too...      They were spot on about "Down by the Seaside"- that song DOES take you someplace great.  I'd also add Bonzo's drumming to the keys to that song.

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Do they still make the Danelectro Tuna Melt? 

Cheap, exceptionally cheerful and stands up well with the bigger, more expensive boys. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom