Anyone any cop using Photoshop or similar?

What's Hot
lamf68lamf68 Frets: 851
edited January 2015 in Off Topic

I've spent absolutely ages trying to get a genuine Paisley pattern up and running, whilst I've found the various incarnations of the pink pattern I simply can't work out how to isolate the paisleys in the pattern and include a textured silver background into the mix. It's taken as I said at the start years to collect the patterns I want, so does anyone know how to cut the background out and layer in the silver texture from where the white is removed from my pattern? any help would be greatly appreciated.image

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Select -> Colour Range, then use the colour picker to select the white area and adjust the fuzziness.

Once done, create a layer mask. If there's still some white left in there, use the refine edge tool before you make the mask.
  • NomadNomad Frets: 549
    edited January 2015
    Or make the silver the background layer, add the paisley pattern as a second layer on top, and make the white transparent. Not sure how the edges would work out, but that might depend on how hard they are in the original.

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

• markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    edited January 2015
    if you don't have to have that exact pattern get a vector or a paisley pattern and that will make life easy, and the pattern nice and sharp. you'd need a nice high res version to cut that out.

quick idea here...

I got the vector from here...

There is this image, which is on a black background and would make it easier to cut, then repeat it.

I've clipped the above out in PS... you can download it here. http://we.tl/IVnBEyps5n

Another version here http://we.tl/mBSEMlcKRa

Or a vector you could use if you want to change it from yellow to pink.  http://we.tl/GPI6UYRHvl

looks like this...

• That Random hand chap is pretty oht with photoshop but you'd prob jsut end up with Drew's mug photoshopped onto it.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited January 2015
    If you want I'll do it for you (sans Drew's mug of course).  PM me and I'll send you my EMail address.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Looks like you are fixed so that's good.

I'm pretty handy with photoshop:

• lamf68lamf68 Frets: 851
    axisus said:
    Looks like you are fixed so that's good.

I'm pretty handy with photoshop:

Fixed????? Mate all of the above just as well be written in Spanish to be honest, I appreciate all the help but I'm as lost as I was at the start...What's a Vector?
  • lamf68lamf68 Frets: 851
    If you want I'll do it for you (sans Drew's mug of course).  PM me and I'll send you my EMail address.
    pm on the way mate...appreciate it