Looking for a new multi-fx unit

bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
I've got bored of my Boss ME-80 and will sell it in the near future.  I have put it to one side and am using my Zoom MS-100BT, which is very good.  

I'm after a new unit but not sure what to get.  Was thinking about the Line 6 Firehawk but not too sure about it.  The Digitech RP360XP looks good and you seem to be able to turn off the amp modelling.  I'll be using these units through a Roland Cube Lite and playing at home only.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'll be the first to say it : Zoom G3.
  • I'll be the first to say it : Zoom G3.
    I was looking at the G3 and G5 units but was wondering if they would have anything different than the MS100BT?
  • Doh, I misread your comment and thought you were considering the ms100.

The G3 and G5 will have the same effects as the ms100bt. What are you looking for in a unit?
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4622
    edited January 2015
    I have the MS100BT and i gotta say it works really well with the MS50g - might be worth thinking about..

i have the 50G going into the front of the amp and the 100BT in the fx loop (amongst other things)
  • Doh, I misread your comment and thought you were considering the ms100.

The G3 and G5 will have the same effects as the ms100bt. What are you looking for in a unit?
    Something with a good variety of amp models and stomp boxes and something that you can hook up to your computer to record with.  I'd like to be able to turn off amp modelling too.
  • The G3 does meet those criteria! ;-)
  • The G3 does meet those criteria! ;-)
    What's the difference between that and the G5? Does the G5 just have the valve boost thing in it?
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4787
    edited January 2015
    The G5 is the current 'flagship' - It's bigger and has more functionality and foot pedals, plus the boost you mentioned.  It also has a treadle that goes sideways as well as up/down, to control different functionalities.  
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    I seem to be the only person who isn't that impressed by the Zooms
    Stop crying, start buying
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4622
    Have you tried the ms50 @moss ?
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    @DesVegas Only the G3X
    Stop crying, start buying
  • @Moss the Zoom units are very good, which is why I'm selling my ME-80 and keeping my Zoom MS 100.  Even though the MS 100 was cheaper I think it sounds better than the ME-80.  Plus, with some of the Zoom units you can download stompbox models and amp models from the StompShare store in the iPad / iPhone / iPod (not sure about Android I'm afraid).  
    edited January 2015
    I think the G3,G3x and G5 are very good value and great sounding units with a ton of features. However, and as much as I'd like to have all the good things they offer, for me it must be easy to gig. So until Zoom sorts out the clumsy switching issues highlighted and discussed in previous threads, I'll have to stick with my Vox TLLE for now.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • @voxman any reliablity issues with your Vox unit ever?
    edited January 2015
    @voxman any reliablity issues with your Vox unit ever?
    Only thing I've ever had to do was adjust the expression pedal that went loose after I had it 6 mths and didn't hold in mid positions but I found a great you-tube video instruction on how to access the right screws to tighten it & it's been perfect ever since.    

Bought it pre-owned, and had it over 3 yrs now.  Built like a tank, completely gig worthy, easy to tweak on the fly, clear well lit LCD display, fast access to good accurate tuner in any mode, fast patch changing, simple single button press to go in/out of stomp-box mode, and a proper heavy duty PSU (not those horrible wallwarts with really thin wires). Has MIDI in/out, FX in/out with an FX insert switch, and S/P Dif out. 5 global EQ settings (2 for PA, one of which has extra EQ).  Amp modelling may no longer be 'state of the art' by today's standards but it's 16 amp models are all still darned good and very organic. 

I had a TC Nova system on approval but returned it because pretty much the FX in the TLLE were mostly just as good, and some were even better.  There's masses of control over all effect parameters and it's easy to save and recall patches because (unlike the current Tonelabs) this has patch-naming - so on stage you can easily see where you are.  And there's easy to use software if you want to tweak on your computer and build patch libraries.  

• mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Even though I know I don't want/need a multi fx, you're making me want one of those.