Whammy 4 vs. Whammy 5

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    what is gan on with the formatting tonight?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • He could still be here… just under a new name. He might be watching now.

Whammy 5 is true bypass as well, which is nice when you want it very early in the chain.
  • d8m said:
    d8m said:
    Deijavoo said:

I hate it when old traditions die, so it saddens that this Whammy 4 v 5 discussion is nearly 8 hours old and no-one has mentioned Adolph Hipster.  If you fuckers try and cancel Christmas next then I'm proper sulking.

You are such a twat. I wanted to mention Adolf first.

What happened to that guy?
    Captured by ISIS!
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • d8m said:
    d8m said:
    Deijavoo said:

I hate it when old traditions die, so it saddens that this Whammy 4 v 5 discussion is nearly 8 hours old and no-one has mentioned Adolph Hipster.  If you fuckers try and cancel Christmas next then I'm proper sulking.

You are such a twat. I wanted to mention Adolf first.

What happened to that guy?
    Captured by ISIS!
    did he get misled by the divebomb setting on a whammy 4/5?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7165
    Very apt.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30949
    I've always said the Whammy 5 is one better than the Whammy 4. Makes sense y'see.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.