SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD FS/FT - Marshall 1974x Hand Wired Combo + Matching 1x12 cab - Trade for Bogner (now £950!)

dombennisondombennison Frets: 131
edited June 2015 in Amps £

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah115/Dom_Bennison/Marshall_zps32a4e06f.jpg

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah115/Dom_Bennison/IMG_4465_zps957a70f5.jpg

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah115/Dom_Bennison/IMG_4467_zps1439e7ba.jpg

Marshall 1974x Hand Wired 18 watt reissue combo with matching 1x12 extension cab and vintage-style footswitch for tremolo. All hand-wired and made in England.

In great condition - I've only owned it for a few months and I'm only selling as I'd really like a Bogner.

Dust covers are included for both the combo and extension cabinet.

This setup would cost around £1900 new but I'm looking for £950. or work out a deal for a Bogner (Looking for a Shiva or Ecstasy).

Based near Leeds

Very faithful reissue of the original & very rare 1974 combos from the mid-late 60's. Super simple circuit, just a volume and tone on each channel plus a valve-driven Tremolo circuit with speed and sensitivity. Incredibly pure tone. Basically a mini Bluesbreaker or Plexi!
Really easy to get that classic, cranked Marshall tone without being painfully loud. It starts to break up around 4 with a guitar with humbuckers and obviously sounds great on 10!

Sounds great with an extra boost/overdrive to push it that bit further. Unbelievable amount of sustain and really reacts to and shows the individual character of every guitar.

I've used it for a variety of gigs and it's plenty loud enough for pub gigs without mic'ing it up and sounds huge when mic'ed.

Low and high inputs on both the normal and tremolo channels. Doesn't have a channel switching option built in but I've been using it as a 2 channel amp with a Boss A/B pedal which I'll include in the sale. For unmic'ed gigs, I used the tremolo channel on around 4-5 and the normal channel higher and with an overdrive pedal after the A/B pedal to switch between a clean and dirtier settings.

The channels can be bridged with a patch cable and the volumes mixed to create even more tones.

Speakers are aged Celestion Greenbacks. Marshall website says:

"The T1221/67 Greenback speaker used in the original 1974 combo would mature over time, with its sound softening with age. The special 12” Celestion G12M-20 Greenback in the 1974X has been ‘aged’ to get as close as possible to that vintage, worn in, ’60s vibe."

Valves are as below:

PRE AMP VALVES

2 x ECC83

POWER AMP VALVES

1 x ECC83, 2 x EL84

VALVE RECTIFIER 1 x EZ81

Both cabinets are made from birch ply so they're extremely strong.

Further info available on the Marshall website or in the 1974x manual here:

http://www.marshallamps.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/1974x-hbk.pdf

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Price dropped to £1200 ono
  • Price dropped to £1150 ono
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5670
    I'll take the cab if you're willing to split - have sent you a PM.
  • Price dropped to £950 for a quick sale
  • So are you willing to split? I'd be interested in the amp without the cab, assuming you're OK to ship.

How old is it, roughly?

Dickie's 90-Second Pedal Demos: youtube.com/c/Dickies90SecondPedalDemos /// guitar.com reviews: guitar.com/author/richard-purvis/
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5670
    The OP mailed me to say that he wasn't willing to split so I've made other arrangements. It seems to me that the combo and cab are likely to sell more quickly split up than as a pair.
  • GadgieGadgie Frets: 96
    I fancy this set up :)
  • Originally I'd wanted to sell both parts together to be able to afford a new amp for an upcoming gig (more me being impatient for new gear than anything! :) ). 

At the time, I'd only had offers on the cab but not on the combo, I didn't want to be left with either part and still not be able to afford my new amp.

Since I dropped the price yesterday, I've had a fair few offers for both parts, separately and together, so I'd be willing to split the parts now that I know both will sell.

I'm just waiting to hear back from a trade offer I made before my post update yesterday but I will contact everyone that's emailed as soon as I hear back from that offer.

@dickieguitar I'm more than happy to ship it, no problem. 

I've checked the serial number and it looks like the amp was made in 2006. Minus a couple of tiny nicks in the tolex, it looks almost new! 

• GadgieGadgie Frets: 96
    It was both I was interested in.

• I'm sorted now, thanks.
    Dickie's 90-Second Pedal Demos: youtube.com/c/Dickies90SecondPedalDemos /// guitar.com reviews: guitar.com/author/richard-purvis/