SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Hughes and Kettner hybrid amp g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶r̶e̶e̶ going for £50 in North London

brojanglesbrojangles Frets: 367
edited January 2015 in Amps £
A mate's moving and wants rid of an old Hughes and Kettner ATS series amp he's got (pic to follow). It works fine and it's loud; he thinks it's 100 watts. From Google I get the impression that these amps have a SS clean channel and some sort of tube preamp on the dirt channel, but it's quite an old model and I haven't got time to do more googling. Anyway it's free to collect in Kentish Town/Holloway/Caledonia Road area. PM me if interested. ADDENDUM: He's just told me he's put it on Gumtree for fifty quid.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ROOGROOG Frets: 567
    Wow, just wow!

• ByoByo Frets: 2
    Wow!
    If it's still around next week (currently out of the UK) I will send you a PM as my guitar player's valve amp is currently on the bench for repairs and he has no backup.
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    edited January 2015
    PM'd  ;;)
  • Replied to Maynehead. His mate might be grabbing it but if that doesn't work out I'll let you know Byo.
    Cool! No probs, it´s just unfortunate that I am on vacation atm...
  • My mate just informed me he's looking for £50 now and has put it on Gumtree (see http://www.gumtree.com/p/other-guitar-accessories/rare-hughes-and-kettner-ats-series-guitar-amplifier/1098549225).
    At 50 quid it is still a bargain! I have already told my friend to get in touch.
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    Bugger - if it wasn't in North London, I'd have torn his arm off.  Had one of those Mk1 ATS-120s for years as a backup amp, and it was a superb neutral clean pedal platform with stupid levels of headroom.  Sold it a couple of years ago and still miss the weird fuzzy thing.  Totally different from the Mk2 ATS which wasn't anywhere near as good.

One of the worst drive channels I have ever heard, though, particularly if that EQ isn't working - shows that just shoving a couple of tubes in there doesn't automatically make it better. :))  

Heavy bugger considering the lack of tubes, too - solidly built does not even begin to cover it.
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --