Which switcher? MIDI?

smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 676

I'm relatively happy with the size of my pedalboard - it's not too big, and can hold 90% of everything I usually need.

However, my amp footswitch needs to sit on the floor in front of the board, and until recently, my wah sat off the board too. This obv takes up extra space, and I can end up really cramped at some of the gigs we play, as the stage area can be quite small.

I use a JVM410h, therefore the footswitch is fairly big, with 6 individual switches. I don't need to use all of them, so would like to try and replace this with a smaller footprint switcher. I'd actually considered downsizing the amp to a DSL, but I think I would end up missing the flexibility of the switchable FX loop, and having the option of the 4 different channels if I needed them in the future.

So, the JVM stays, and the plan is to get a smaller switcher. I'd ideally like to have 4 switches I think, to allow me to use either 2 or 3 channels on my amp, plus the 2nd master volume as a lead boost. The up-side of the JVM is the midi-capability, which is what I need to be looking at. 

I also like to use some different flavours of OD pedal, but I don't need these to be connected into any kind of loop - if the option is there, then fine, I could possibly use it - but it's not essential, as I am happy to hit the OD pedals on the fly!

What's out there that I should be looking at? Hopefulyl not TOO expensive, although I am aware of the current prices of such gadgetry!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• longilongi Frets: 95
    Nux do one called the PMS-2 but you'll need a foot controller to command it. I'm not sure is going to have a smaller footprint though.
  • It's essentially only a foot controller I'm after, to control my JVM setting and replace the massive footswitch.

It doesn't need to have loops for my pedals, but if it doesn, bonus

• cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    I'm selling a Musicomlab EFX lite if you're interested... It should do what you're looking after.
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2368
    If its just a case of changing MIDI presets up and down, I use the Midi-Mouse.
  • @cbellanga - I seen it mate, and honestly very tempted. It's about 4 inches smaller which is great, but swithering whether it's a bit overkill.

@huobulous - i've had a look at that, and I think I need something with a little more - i need the option of 2 channels and dedicated switch for my lead boost from my amp, so i can't just go up and down.