TC Spark booster

Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4686
Wow what a great bit of kit.

I use it to increase the level going into various drive pedals which I keep at low gain

Turns them all into monsters.
Zendrive now goes from bluesey sweetness into heavy metal mayhem
Tubescreemer goes from light crunch to something that sounds like it wants to blow up
Govner goes from ACDC to run awaayyyyyyy
And V-Twin is just madness on the distortion channel

But they retain note to note seperation, where as turning up the gain on the pedals turns them into mush

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• nickpnickp Frets: 183
    edited January 2015
    I like mine - got it running into a lovepedal od11.  I just use it to turn the strat into "more" strat and some nice bluesy tones :) so all fairly gentle but lovely and full
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    I've considered picking on of these up in past but don't know whether it would work in my setup.

Seems to get a lot of praise though.

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4622
    yep, want one of these, i bought an ehx lp-1 instead and it's way too muddy and not a clean boost like what it says
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Awesome pedal. I love the fat mode with single coils.

I've just got a mini version as well to use so I'll have one upfront and one in the loop for a volume boost, I'm thinking the mini in the loop and the full size one upfront.
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 487
    My Jet City loves the spark boost.  I run the amp reasonably clean (for a JCA22h - doesn't do real clean) and use the spark boost in "fat" mode for solos.  It sounds huge.

Oddly I don't use it much for a boost, I've got another boost in the loop for that.  It's almost purely a tone shaping tool.
  • markjmarkj Frets: 922
    Just ordered the full size spark boost from guitarguitar £75 delivered. Can't wait to use with my other od pedals.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Axe_meister;33054" said:
    Wow what a great bit of kit.

I use it to increase the level going into various drive pedals which I keep at low gain

Turns them all into monsters.Zendrive now goes from bluesey sweetness into heavy metal mayhemTubescreemer goes from light crunch to something that sounds like it wants to blow upGovner goes from ACDC to run awaayyyyyyyAnd V-Twin is just madness on the distortion channel

But they retain note to note seperation, where as turning up the gain on the pedals turns them into mush
    I miss my v twin. I'd love another but they're ridiculously expensive now.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3012
    Love my Spark Boost. It came recommended to me by Travis about a year or so back and hasn't left my board since