NPD - The True Delay King...

What's Hot
WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9668
0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• :O
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I was after one of those for ages. 

great buy sir and can I call shotgun if it ever gets listed?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 457
    I was after one of those for ages. 

great buy sir and can I call shotgun if it ever gets listed?
    Dang, was just about ti call dibs ;-)
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9668
    edited January 2015
    Melted, you can... BUT i had one before (in fact THAT is a photo of the old one and not the new one !), and regrettably sold it.

Ypu know when you revisit a pedal, a tv programme, a song (etc) and it was never as good as you'd remembered ? This has been the opposite ! Stunning dark and lighter analog tones, and simply a delight to use and handle...

• xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    Yep, bloody incredible pedal. You sold your old one to me and i stupidly traded it for synth stuff. 

Would be good to A-B this against the echoczar someday Waz. We've both owned both and they are similar but I suspect the moog would excel at standard delay sounds but I think the echoczar would out on pure tone, to my mind the modulation on both is very similar and very deep. 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9668
    edited January 2015
    Amen to that Casper... We have to meet up... Funny really, Mrs Meister said on Saturday whilst we were at Denmark St., "you should come down here with that Casper..and have a day looking"

As Ive said, the Moog is way better than i ever remember. Be good to try the two together.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    I've got a horrible feeling the moog would win. Such a special pedal. But they are different types, bbd vs whatever a standard analog chip is (?). I love the bucket sound.

We should definitely arrange something some day. Preferably when I'm more flush as no doubt I'll try to buy everything you own :P Denmark street is a dangerous place! I love no toms
  • I do love these. Used one lots on Minnaars records. Was always the most fun part of recording.