SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Marshall JCM 800 2203x Price Drop

NerineNerine Frets: 2521
edited February 2015 in Amps £
I'm fairly sure I'm going to regret selling this... :(

It's by far and away, one of the best amps I've owned.

It's just been given a clean bill of health from the tech that I trust with my gear. He thinks it dates from about 2007. He also said it's one of the cleanest modern Marshall builds he's seen for a very long time. 

It's currently got some Svetlana Winged C's in it that I think I've gigged once or twice. 

It did have some TLC a few weeks back at the techs. It needed a new power amp valve socket and a general clean up as there was some slight corrosion in places. It's actually superb inside now though. 

He also commented that this is one of, if not THE loudest amp he's ever come across. He builds Plexis and a lot of NMV amps.

After he had finished tinkering and cleaning and fixing up and doing all manner of things that I don't quite fully understand, he said he put it on some device or scope or something to measure the peak power output as he was quite intrigued.

Apparently it was peaking somewhere in the region of 180+ watts.... Whether this is normal or not, I have no idea, however, I can attest that it is VICIOUSLY LOUD, and is NOT for those of a nervous disposition.

There's not really much else to be said about the JCM 800. They're one of the best amps ever made. I have a reissue simply as I need volume boosts from the FX loop, which it's VERY capable of

I honestly don't care if no one wants to buy this, as I'll gladly keep it. I don't NEED to sell it, but I was planning on pooling some funds towards a new CS2203/2203 or maybe trying out the new Silver Jubilee. So basically a bit of a refresh. 

The headshell isn't perfect, It does have a few dings, but the chassis is mint. Not a scratch. It just needs a bit of a dust inside. 

I've tried to capture the bits in the photos. 

BTW, I DO have the gold back panel. I forgot to put it on for the pics.

Looking for £700 ONO 

Located in Holbeach in Lincolnshire.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments