SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Empress Vintage Modified Superdelay - SOLD.

What's Hot
HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22615
edited February 2015 in FX £

The original Superdelay was and is a bit clean and boring. The VMSD is superb and isn't rubbish like the El Capistan. Tons of options, a brilliant reverse mode, great modulation... there's a few paintwork knocks on this but nothing too puke-inducing. Unboxed, needs 300Ma of 9v positive power so make sure your supply can run it. I'm happy to include a suitable 9v power supply for a few quid more if you need it. 

£245 delivered by Special Delivery in the UK when paid with PPG. 

No trades please. I haz compooter stuff to buy. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stop selling stuff I want to buy!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Is this a positive tip 9v Andy?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • TimmyTimmy Frets: 23
    Hmm how much better than an elcapistan?
  • Timmy said:
    Hmm how much better than an elcapistan?
    jog on son, nothing to see here ;-)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ha ha, I have to many delays anyway.
  • Timmy said:
    This is a seriously good delay @Timmy you should go for it mate!
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7927
    Timmy said:
    blasphemy!
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
    Timmy said:
    Last month I had 3 analogues and 1 digital delay on my board...

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

• @Timmy - I think my view on Strymon in general is well known here now :D The VMSD is magnificent. The modulated tape and reverse sounds especially are brilliant. 

Ihave a Skreddy, dl4 , elcapistan, dmm big box reissue, dmm taptempo 550 (wish it was 1100), dd6, malekko 616(broken ish) so would need to shift some to justify another. Hmm very tempted is it worth selling a skreddy for as well?
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    I have one delay pedal, and this is it. Nothing more to add, I thank you and goodnight
  • It is pos tip mate, but if you need a PSU for it you can have mine @meltedbuzzbox
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7335
    edited January 2015
    I'll keep my involvement brief in this. I will merely say
    a) shush about the standard, it's one different setting
    B) the empress SuperDelay is SPECTACULAR.
  • nice one @GavHaus. I will take you up on that if @Heartfeltdawn wants to do a deal

*I have things crossed. 
  • Well, you did give me that nobels
  • GavHaus said:
    I'll keep my involvement brief in this. I will merely say
    a) shush about the standard, it's one different setting
    B) the empress SuperDelay is SPECTACULAR.
    It is. I've spent the last half hour going up against Echoboy. In the last year I've had most of the big delay pedals come through my hands (Flight Time, Timefactor, Strymon, a lovely big box DMM would be the obvious four). I think this is the best of the lot. No noise issues like the DMM, the modulation is better than the Flight Time, it flat out beats the El Capistan, and it's easier to use and sounds better than the Timefactor. I'm really torn on keeping it but it won't get used this year. 2016, watch out forum, I shall be coming to get one for my ultimate pedalboard project :D

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The most overlooked but appropriately named pedal out there.
  • GavHaus said:
    The most overlooked but appropriately named pedal out there.
    the metal zone?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9725
    edited February 2015
    We are mental on this forum... Or at least, I am !

I've just posted my 'Long Delay Journey Over ?' thread, and then I see this... And the GAS kicks in..

I did own one once, but it was a fair while ago before I knew what I know now, and before I'd "taken my wrapper off", so to speak...

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    These look incredible but my guess Warren is that it's not a patch on the moog