My Long Delay Journey - Over ?!?!?!?!?

What's Hot
WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9614
edited February 2015 in FX

Well, my Flight Time has arrived and brings with it a kinda sadness...why ?

My long and winding delay journey looks like being at an end... The FT is superb. It's kinda strange as the FT seems to offer a huge, 3D sound. A 'room filling' sound. Maybe it projects the intial notes forward in the sound spectrum, whilst the remaining are underlying. I dunno.

You can 'dial' in very very accurate settings. I say 'dial' because I would love a couple of 'knobbies' on this unit, rather than the +/- buttons to make settings. And the bank up/down is a little longer than necessary...

Still, the workflow is very instinctive and user friendly. Only having the 9/10 presets is a brilliant idea. These can't be over written, and ive only got 10 to learn. So, if I know the sound of preset 1 in my head, i can amend it and simple save it as '11'. Simple, yet brilliant...

The sounds are the most musical out of any delay. Indeed, it is a musical instrument in its own right ! 

Ive owned em all. I really have, including a recently purchased Echoczar.

Nope, my journey is done with these 3 (below) combined. There are no better out there imho.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited February 2015
    This thread reminds me of the end of every Rocky movies where he 'retires'...
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Random,

You are probably right :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The Trinity! The end! .....but there's the new Diamond Counterpoint to try now:)....
  • The Trinity! The end! .....but there's the new Diamond Counterpoint to try now:)....

True enough Gareth, but have you seen those graphics ?!?! Disappointed with them, and I expressed ny thoughts to Aimish (MD of Diamond) only a few days ago...

Still, bet it sounds great !

• I know - really don't know what they were thinking! I'm probably going to buy one anyway, just because of how much I like the sound, and especially the operation, of the MLJr. It would be interesting to see how it compares to the MLJr. I really want to try the Flight Time too though.
  • I dare say Waz or gassage will have one for sale shortly
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30949
    I have say that the only delay that I'd swap it for is a TES, and that's only because it would kind of complete my PC collection.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    I know - really don't know what they were thinking! I'm probably going to buy one anyway, just because of how much I like the sound, and especially the operation, of the MLJr. It would be interesting to see how it compares to the MLJr. I really want to try the Flight Time too though.
    Think I will give the counter point a go too, despite the weird graphics ( I thought when I first saw it it must be a working prototype!), as a potential replacement for my MLjr. Love the look of the flight time but a bit too big and I don't need so many options, like it a bit simpler and the MLjr has a perfect feature set for me,
  • @dindude if you decide to sell the MLjr i could potentially be interested depending on price. let me now if you do!
    @dindude if you decide to sell the MLjr i could potentially be interested depending on price. let me now if you do!
    Will do. Depends on how long until I can get my hands on a counter point but I'll keep you in mind. Cheers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I don't believe anyone actually owns an echoczar. They're a myth, right? ☺
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30949
    Re the long delay journey...is it covered by your travel insurance? Worth checking....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Great selection for sure, but you just wait.... there'll be somethin' new which catches your eye soon enough.

No matter how nice your ferrari is, you might still want a lamborghini right ;)
  • @dindude

I just ordered mine. I was in touch with them and they expect delivery from diamond within a couple of weeks.
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    UnclePsychosis;504022" said:
    I don't believe anyone actually owns an echoczar. They're a myth, right? ☺
    Ive got one :)
    guitarpolo;504170" said:
    @dindudehttp://www.effectpowersupplies.com//diamond-pedals-counter-point-delay-5486-p.asp

I just ordered mine. I was in touch with them and they expect delivery from diamond within a couple of weeks.
    Cheers, I've also been in touch and will preorder from them, they are very local to me too which helps.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12680
    Haven't we heard this before... before... before...before...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

dindude said:
    @dindude if you decide to sell the MLjr i could potentially be interested depending on price. let me now if you do!
    Will do. Depends on how long until I can get my hands on a counter point but I'll keep you in mind. Cheers
    Have been quoted two weeks for Counter Point arriving so if you can wait until then I will either have a MLjr or a Counter Point for sale :)